71

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the dead of night where every single avenger was fast asleep and the compound was eerily quiet. I was sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket like a tiny gremlin hiding in the night as I watched my favourite tv series.

I was having some trouble sleeping so I brewed some tea and decided to watch a couple of episodes until I fell asleep on the couch. Not ideal but it was better than tossing and turning in my bed and bothering Loki from his sleep.

I made sure to keep the volume low on the tv in case anyone walked into the living room. A funny scene showed up on the tv but all I could feel was sudden panic and dread shooting through my harness. I looked down to see the gems flicker between yellow and grey.

"(Y/n)?" I peek behind the couch to see Loki looking around for me as he walked down the stairs.

"Over here." I whisper to him, muting the tv and he walks over to me.

"Why aren't you in bed?" Loki leans over the couch and drapes his arms around my shoulders as I leaned back into his arms.

"I don't know, just couldn't sleep." I shrug as Loki climbs onto the couch with me. He pulls me onto his lap and I drape the blanket over us. "Why are you awake?" I snuggle into his arms, sighing in bliss from his warmth as he held me close.

"You weren't in my arms." I chuckle lightly as Loki nuzzles his face against my neck, his hair tickling my cheek.

"That was the most cheesiest thing I have ever heard you say." I lay my head on his shoulder as Loki runs his fingers up and down my arm, the both of us watching my show. I don't know how long it's been or how many episodes we went through but Loki actually seemed to be really getting into the marathon we were having.

"I can't believe they just did that!" I chuckle, spending our night together until we fell asleep on the couch to be woken up later by Vision. We made it our thing to have our nightly marathons whenever one of us couldn't sleep, just keeping each other company. I showed Loki most of my favourite series, him actually enjoyed some of them to go as far as watching them by himself without me even though we were supposed to watch them together.

But I couldn't hate him. He was just too adorable when he looked at me with wide eyes whenever I caught him wrapped up in a blanket and watching his series on the TV.

 He was just too adorable when he looked at me with wide eyes whenever I caught him wrapped up in a blanket and watching his series on the TV

"What's up people?" I yawn out as I jump over the couch and land in the seats, narrowly dodging Tony. Natasha was simply working on a laptop, the Maximoff twins lounging on the floor while watching TV and Rhodey was on a phone call.

"Was almost crushed by a 20-year-old but peachy." Tony sarcastically says as he works on his tablet. I roll my eyes and roll over onto my stomach to read, draping my torso over Tony's lap to use his legs to keep my book up. I cross my arms and lean my chin on them as I read my book, Tony brushing my hair back in a soothing manner like my mum used to do. The others soon join the living room, Sam and Steve chatting together as Vision helped Bruce with his work.

"So where's your boyfriend?" Bruce asks and I shrug as I lay my head on Tony's leg, looking at the gems that glowed green signalling he was nearby.

"I don't know, somewhere with Thor in the compound maybe." I show Tony my harness and he just pats my head before asking me to move as Pepper called him for some company situation. He walks away and I summon over a pillow as it floated through the air before landing on the couch. I yawn out, mouth stretching wide as tears pricked my eyes before face planting onto the cushions below. I stretched out on the couch beneath the sun, chilling like a domestic cat.

"Where were you guys?" Natasha asks and I look up to see Thor and Loki walk over to the living room from what looked like an outing to the city. Loki uses his magic to instantly change into more comfortable sweats and a shirt.

"Hey, darling." Loki leans over and kisses my head and I lean up to kiss his cheek. "You wear spectacles?" Loki freezes as he sees me wearing my glasses while I was reading and I blink at him with a dumbfounded look.

"Are you that daft? I thought you were a god." I roll my eyes, surprised that he didn't even realise that I was almost blind as a bat.

"Wait, you wear glasses!?" The others soon call out and I gape at them.

"I've been wearing them this entire time! How-"

"-no way! I don't remember you wearing glasses out on missions." Sam says and I facepalm.

"I wear contacts. If I wear my glasses, they would be falling on the floor every minute like Velma. I would be useless on the missions if I was searching the ground constantly." I sigh out, somewhat, surprised but also not surprised that the avengers didn't realise I wore glasses.

"Why don't you get new ones?" Bruce says as he hooks up his own glasses, noticing the scratches on my lens. I ignore his question, not wanting to tell anyone I got attached to my old glasses. They were the only proof of my old life.

"Hey!" I reach up as Loki took my glasses off my face and he peers through it.

"Your eyesight is terrible."

"I know Loki." I grumble out, using my magic to pull the glasses from his hands and place them back on my nose so I could go back to reading. Loki pouts at the lack of attention he was getting from me, moving around the couch to sit behind me. I could feel him staring holes at me.

Some time goes by and I knew Loki was getting slightly irritated as the harness gems glowed yellow, him repeatedly calling out for me but I just ignore him. I was too busy reading my very interesting book. The avengers snickered and Loki finally had enough, getting up from the couch. I let out a surprised yelp when he pries my legs apart and lays on top of me.

Shit, he's heavy!

It's all that muscle!

"Loki!" I wheeze out as he slithers between my legs and just drops his body on top of my back, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Off! Get off!" I struggle to get up but Loki had me pinned down on the couch as he buried his face in my neck.

"No." I blush at how affectionate and clingy he was being today right in front of the avengers, sighing out and letting him lay on me.

The weight oddly feels relaxing.

Nice and crushing.

That's weird but meh.

I hum out and go back to reading, Loki reading along with me from behind over my shoulder. Time quickly passes and I yawn out again, feeling warm and exhausted. I slowly look behind me to see Loki had fallen asleep on my back as his face was buried in my neck and I chuckle at the odd position.

"He must be really tired huh." I yawn out again, my eyes drooping closed before I fell asleep with Loki hugging me.

When I wake up again, I realise I was alone in the living room with a blanket draped over me. I rub my eyes and sit up, feeling cold until I see Loki walk up to the couch again. He was yawning, a sleepy look on his face.

"Come here love." I mumble tiredly, pulling the blanket up and Loki dives back into my arms. I wrap my arms around him from behind, being the big spoon as he curled into me.

"You gave me a pet name..." I hum out, not registering Lokis words as I hold his hand and entwine our fingers.

"Did I?" I mumble out as I lay my chin on top of Loki's head, curling my other free arm around Loki's waist to hold him close to my chest like a pillow.

"Love, you called me love..." the finger harness gems on my hand glowed a soft sunset colour and I felt happiness swarm through me. I realise Loki liked the name and I smile.

"Do you want me to keep calling you love?" The gems glowed a soft pink like a blush. Loki doesn't say anything but I knew that he wanted me to call him love. "Just go to sleep love." I whisper softly and I fall asleep to warmth spreading through me as Loki snuggled into me.