66*

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Almighty Thanos. I, Loki, Prince of Asgard... Odinson... The rightful King of Jotunheim, God of Mischief, do hereby pledge to you, my undying fidelity."

I watch as Loki stands before Thanos, hiding a dagger that he manifested behind his arm. He attempts to stab the Titan but he stops him easily, grabbing his arm and crushing his wrist as Loki drops the dagger.

"'Undying.' You should choose your words more carefully."

I open my mouth to scream but the sounds just never happen, silent and trapped to watch Thanos grab Loki's neck and crushes his fist. He looks over at Thor,  as Loki gasps and chokes for air.

"You... will never be... a god." I try to reach other and stop Thanos but I couldn't feel my limbs as I hear the crack resonate around me, Loki going limp as Thanos dropped his body. Thor cries and crawls to his brothers body as Thanos looks directly at me.

"I'll be coming for you soon."

I gasp as I snap my eyes open, gripping my bed sheet as the objects around my bedroom that were floating just dropped to the floor. I try to catch my breath, trying to remove the nightmare from my head when I hear someone grumble behind me.

"Darling..." I freeze, noticing the arms that were wrapped around my waist tightly and the legs that were tangled with mine. I remember that Loki was sleeping behind me as he nuzzles his nose against my neck, pulling me close to his chest as he curled around me. I let out a sigh in relaxation as the gems glowed a faint blue, his fingers entwining with mine as I calm down.

Ever since we got back to Earth a couple of days ago, Loki has been living with me in Tony and Peppers place while the rest of the Asgardians were bundled up at the compound and a temporary village that I helped build with Tony.

It was a hectic few days to situate the Asgardians while Thor, Loki and I explained to Tony about Thanos planning to come to Earth and to destroy our planet. Well, more like I was explaining it. I also mentioned that since Loki hadn't taken the Tesseract, Thanos might take a bit longer to visit us since he has to track it down since Asgard got sucked into the void.

The change in the timeline may have given us more time and prevented the death of all Asgardians. But now I was having nightmares about Thanos declaring that he will find me.

I get brought back from my racing thoughts as I feel Loki press kisses against my neck. "You worry too much darling. You gave us more time to prepare." I melt in his arms, his warmth soothing me as Loki peppered kisses on my cheek. Loki has also been more touchy and always crave skinship when we landed, making sure to somehow always keep a hold on me like I might disappear into the void like before.

"I know... but I can't help it." I turn around to face Loki as he stared at me, brushing his fingers against my cheek. I enjoyed waking up to his messy bed hair and hooded eyes, always waking me up by kissing me somewhere other than my lips.

He brushes my hair back, soothing pulses easing the worry in my head and the slight pounding. "He won't touch you as long as I'm here." I close my eyes as Loki gently moves me on my back and kisses my neck but I couldn't help but flinch as I see Loki's dead body flash through my mind.

"That's what I'm worried about..." I mumble out and Loki leans back up over me with a frown. "I've watched so many people that I care about die and there was nothing I could do but now that I'm actually here, I can stop it. I can stop him from hurting you. Stop him from hurting everyone." I sigh out, running my hands down my face.