110

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was only trying to help..." I whisper out as I looked at Mobius who was standing before me, trapped in the containment chamber that held my shadow form intact. "I didn't want anyone to die..." Mobius frowns at me, running his fingers through his hair.

"I know (y/n)..." he sighs out, not able to look me in the eye as I was in this demonic form. "I know you meant well but you can't save everyone. It disrupts the timeline."

"So you just let them die? Those people on Lamentis? You expect me to sit back and not do anything when I could use my powers to try to help!? To try and save Loki and Sylvie!? You know I love him Mobius! I would never let him die-"

"-I know!" Mobius yells back in frustration and I flinch back. "I know that you only wanted to save them! I know that you were only doing the right thing cause that's what you do but at the expense of yourself? Look at you, you lost yourself again to your powers (y/n)! You almost died again and I can't have that on my conscience!"

My mind flashes back to Tony when he said the same thing to Peter and me in Homecoming, realising Mobius was scared to lose me. "Mobius-"

"-stop, just stop." I frown as Mobius shakes his head. "I don't even know how to bring you back (y/n)."

"Mobius-"

"-they're planning to prune you." And my world crumbles around me. "I tried to convince them that I could reinstate you as a TVA employee like before but they wouldn't listen. I tried (y/n) but I can't help you this time." I smile at Mobius sadly and he frowns.

"It's ok Mobius." I tear up and his eyes narrow at me.

"How can you say that it's ok!? How can you just accept this!? You're not even going to fight-"

"-no." he freezes as I shake my head. "Not this time. You've risked everything to help me and I can't put you at risk again."

"(y/n) don't-"

"-thank you, for everything. For keeping me alive all these years, for looking after me and keeping me out of trouble with the TVA." Tears spill down my cheeks, knowing this was going to be the end for me.

"No-"

"-just tell Loki I love him but don't tell him what happened to me."

"What do you mean?"

"Tell him that the TVA wiped my memories again and reinforced me as an employee, sending me away somewhere far."

"He's not going to believe me, he is-"

"-the god of mischief and lies, I know." I chuckle lightly. "I don't want him to be sad."

"You care about others way too much sometimes." Mobius sighs, nodding. "I'm really sorry (y/n)."

"I know..." He pauses for a bit before heading out of the dark room I was locked in. "Mobius..." He stops immediately, turning to look at me. "Don't believe everything the TVA is telling you ok. You're all variants, you had a life before this, before TVA took you away from them." He furrows his brows at me. "They lied to you." Mobius shakes his head before leaving and I wilt as the darkness swallows the space around me.