09

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fly around New York as the Chitauri unleash chaos on the streets and the civilians run around to avoid the destruction. The aliens blew things up on the streets, starting fires and blasting things into pieces. Cars and skyscrapers explode, storefronts are set aflame as this domino effect of destruction ripples across the bridge and the street.

"Out of the way!" I quickly dodge Tony as he zooms past me, a fleet of the Chitauri soldiers going after him.

"Oh fuck!" I screech out as most of them suddenly go after me and I fly off quickly, flailing around in the air and barely dodging buildings and falling debris as I try to shake them loose. "Shit!" I hiss in pain as a blast goes through my shoulder and I quickly throw up a shield around me, flying in and out between buildings. I circle around the Stark tower, narrowly dodging a fallen letter as it crushes a bunch of the Chitauri soldiers beneath me. "I don't know how to fight!" I scream out, just flying in circles around the Stark building.

"Shoot them!" Tony yells out as he passes by me and I huff out.

"Fine!" I yell back, quickly turning around and summoning my powers to send a giant blast that disintegrates the group that was following me. "Holy shit..." I quickly fly up to Tony, moving by his side. "Did you see that!?"

"Yes! As much as I would love to celebrate, we have a war to fight!" Tony sends missiles to the Chitauri behind him and I wave my hands as they glowed brightly. A giant dome encircled around the Chitauri, trapping them with the missile explosions. I let the dome dissipate and all that was left were machinery as they were dissolved in the dome.

"Incoming!" Tony and I separate, having a swarm on our tails each and I fly up to the sky. I let my powers warp around me, sharp tendrils flying down from my arms as they shot down to wrap around the Chitauri's necks. They shriek as they suffocate, their energy being sucked away but more of them filter down from the portal in the sky. I shudder as the energy runs through me, my powers flashing black before going back to normal.

What was that?

I look at my hands, the lightning streaks in my body still glowing white when I swore they turned pitch black. "I'm slowly losing it." I shake my head and quickly dodge the blasts of the soldiers. I let my powers swarm around me in a dome, forming spikes around me and I send them flying out to pierce through the bodies of the Chitauri.

I lasso some of the strays that escaped, popping their heads off their bodies before turning around to see Natasha aim at Loki who was fighting against Thor. I throw a shield on the airship, protecting her as Loki blasts them but it ricochets and destroys another skyscraper.

I suddenly hear loud mechanical growls and I look up at the portal to see a giant Chitauri Leviathan looking ass creature fly through as more tiny aliens buzzed around like annoying flies. "Right... I forgot about those...." It flies through New York, releasing more soldiers like a birthing ritual while destroying architecture. "Oh, they are fucking ugly." I look over and I see Loki jump down on one of the chariots, flying away from the Stark building and I head over to him. "Had enough yet?" He looks at me, the evil grin on his face disappearing instantly.

"You know I can't stop this." Loki hisses out and I cross my arms, slightly disappointed in him. I continue to fly with him as I look at the soldiers behind Loki, raising my arms. They all gasp as they hover off their chariots, wriggling around until they start shrieking. I started closing my fist, my body glowing brightly as I crushed them all like measly crumbs. Loki looks at the scene with wide eyes as I let them fall to the floor in bloody heaps.

Loki looks back at me and I enjoy the slight fear in his eyes, running a finger up his horns until he grips my hand to stop me. He glares at me, leaning his face close to mine like he was examining me.

"What are you doing-"

"-your eyes are different." He mutters out in slight worry and I look at him in confusion.

"What-" I quickly shove Loki out of the way as a giant Leviathan roars and opens its mouth to swallow me whole.

I couldn't feel or hear anything besides the sudden surge of fury and the incessant buzzing in my head as I raised my arms, a wave of power towering over me. "(Y/N)! DON'T!" Loki yells out as the creature roars at me and I seethe, my arms bursting with energy as I blast the wave into the leviathan. It screams out in pain as I melt away its body, disintegrating its skin and bones like it was butter.

The tiny aliens around me all gasp at how easily I destroyed one of their warrior beasts. "(y/n)!" I see Tony fly over to me, his helmet splitting to reveal his worried face. "I need you to try to breathe." I didn't understand why he was asking me to do that and I realise I was hyperventilating, my powers growing dangerously big around me. My body trembled violently as my powers swarmed around me like crazy, Tony trying to get me to calm down.

"Tony." I gasp out, looking at him with fear as my body started burning again. I let out a shrill scream as my powers ripped through me, crackling and exploding out like a wave. Shots of electricity travelled through the air and electrocuted all the Chitauri in sight as I heard their screams. The pulsing wave travelled across New York like a fog and I was deafened by loud buzzing.

"(y/n)! You need to listen to me!" Tony begs, pointing to the streets below us. "You need to try and take control of your powers! You're going to kill everyone!"

Kill everyone?

The thought crosses my mind and I furrow my brows as the screaming reaches up to my ears, piercing through the buzzing. "Tony?" I gasp out and he holds my shoulders. "I'm so sorry!" I gently push him away, retracting back the fog as it seeps back into me. I cry out from the over surge of energy that bottled up inside me, needing a way to release it. I look up and see more Chitauri soldiers swarming through and lightning crackles around my arm as Thor gathers up his lightning.

I fly up to him and he nods at me. "Shall we m'lady?" I nod and grit my teeth, aiming my arms up and screaming as an explosive blast erupts from my arms to disintegrate the large creatures. They all howl out in pain as Thor cracks his lightning against the smaller aliens. My power blasts through the creatures and into the portal, explosions erupting beyond the vortex.

I struggled to pull back, grunting as I felt like bursting. I fisted my arms and the blast disappears but my body burned from within. I gasp in pain and look down, gritting my teeth as I see the aliens attacking Hulk and I fly down to protect him. I throw up a shield around us and I let it explode outwards to burn the Chitauri alive.

I drop to my knees, heaving heavily as all I felt was pain. Blood started to trickle through the cracks in my skin. "Glowstick hurt." I look up to see Hulk look at me, brows furrowed with a sad look.

"I'm... ok-" I wince, standing up. I look up and see more of the enemy filtering through and I knew it was time to close the portal but I didn't see Natasha with Selvig.

Where is she? She's supposed to be on the Stark building by now...

"Hulk, can you get me to the glowing machine up there." I point to the contraption and he nods, gently picking me up in his hand. He growls and spins around to get momentum before throwing me hard, quickly throwing up a weak shield to protect myself as I land on the roof. I groan as I skid across the floor, my back slamming against a wall.

Never ask Hulk to throw you. Ever.

I groan, looking around to see Selvig still passed out on the floor and no Natasha. "Natasha! Where are you!?" I yell out, peering over the railing to even see Loki's sceptre gone.

Where is everything and everyone!?