67

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was humming softly in the kitchen as I made some tea for me and Loki. The others greeted me as they sat around the kitchen table to eat their breakfast before going to do whatever they needed to do at the compound. Yeah, I was at the compound. Tony had kicked Loki out of his house in hopes of keeping him separated from me but that didn't stop me from visiting him.

I mean, I do have my own bedroom here so...

"Morning my little solnyshko." Pietro kisses the top of my head before swiping some cookies from my plate.

"Oi!" I narrow my eyes at him as he just laughs, the others chuckling. I smiled, shaking my head as I took a sip of my tea, waiting for Loki to come out from his bedroom. I feel a slight tingle on my arm and I look down to see the gems on the finger harness glow a faint green signalling that he was close. "Morning Loki." I pass him his cup as he walks into view, surprising him with a kiss on his cheek. He freezes but not from the pleasant surprise.

I look over at where he was looking and I notice the avengers all stiff up as they tried not to make it obvious that they were keeping an eye on the God of Mischief. I frown at their behaviour as they whispered to each other and I look over at Loki. His face was blank, looking like he didn't care but I could tell he was far from it when he grabbed my plate of cookies and walked back to his room. The loud chatter finally erupts from the kitchen table and I glare at the avengers.

I get it they are wary but they didn't have to do that.

Act like high school teens shunning the unpopular kids.

He wasn't the same person he was years ago, he's not plotting to take over the world. Granted he likes to play tricks but that's just in his blood. "He's not bad..." I mumble out sadly. "Someone was controlling him just like someone controlled me in Vienna. So if you could forgive me, why can't you forgive him?" I walk away, ignoring the calls for me as I head to Loki's room. I knocked on the door before opening it to see him reading on his couch, the tea and cookies on the coffee table in front of him. "What are you reading?" I sit down next to him on the couch as he pulls me close.

"Shakespeare."

"I just got war flashbacks from high school." I shudder and Loki rolls his eyes. "I never understood anything, had to use a translated version."

"Well, what if I read it out for you?" Loki hums in question and I nod, laying my head on his shoulder as I drank my tea and cuddled to his side. It was a calming experience as his soothing voiced lulled over me, his thumb mindlessly running circles on my skin as he read.

Hours easily went by as Loki read me Shakespeare, not realising the whole day had gone by when we both hear knocking on the door. "Who is it!?" I call out, yawning out from being so comfortable and warm.

"Dinner's ready." Natasha pops her head in, looking at us both but specifically Loki. It was like she was checking that the supposed big bad New York Loki might be doing something to hurt me.

"I'm not bothered moving. Can you bring them here instead?" Natasha opens her mouth to say something but just nods and leaves.

"You should eat with your friends." Loki says as he simply flicks through the pages.

"Nah, I want to have dinner with you."

"I'm fine. I'm not even hungry. You just go and join them. You can come back later." Loki was becoming adamant about me going but I wasn't moving. I lay my hand on Lokis arm, slowly making him put his book down as he sighs sadly.