17

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sigh out as I ready myself, feeling my powers wash over me as a white glittering blanket of fog travelled over the sleeping realm that is Asgard. It travelled from my body like a waterfall over the balcony of my room, creeping over the ruined streets to repair the once beautiful golden realm to its former glory.

I had been working on fixing Asgard for a couple of weeks, repairing the realm during the night so no one would come to know it was me. I started to fix the destruction of battle a couple of days after Loki had brought me back to Asgard after ambushing the messenger and relaying the message to Odin that he was 'dead'. 

I didn't know what Loki did to Odin after that since I had holed myself in my room, fixing the palace first slowly. I wanted to keep myself busy so I wouldn't have to sleep, wouldn't have to interact with anyone. I knew Loki had pretended to be Odin, fooling everyone around him just like Thor when he came back after his battle with Malekith. I figured Loki either tricked Odin or made an agreement with him to take over the throne while Odin grieved for his wife in Midgard.

I looked up at the night sky, the stars filling the dark blanket in bursts of colour as white lightning streaks travelled across my skin. Asgard was much bigger than the destruction in New York, the avengers first battle only being contained in a specific part of New York. Asgard was a whole ass realm and it was taking me a couple of weeks to repair it.

I haven't even talked to Loki during these weeks, barely sleeping and staying up all night to just avoid him and avoid the nightmares. I just needed some time to myself and I couldn't face him, couldn't face the son of Frigga. I made sure to have my mind empty besides music, numbing my mind with only melodies so Loki wouldn't hear my thoughts.

I closed my eyes, letting the sorrowful music surround my senses as I worked on repairing buildings and architecture. I grit my teeth, pushing myself to try and fix things quickly as I watched broken debris form itself back together and attach itself back to buildings. My skin cracked and burn as I glowed brighter, pushing my limits.

"(y/n)."

"Jesus fuck!" I jump in surprise and whip my head around to see Loki walk up to me, a frown on his face. He had himself revealed to me but he made sure to stay hidden in case there were prying eyes. He did the same out during the day but kept up the appearance of Odin while I only could see him as Loki. "Stop sneaking up on me." I sigh out and Loki raises a brow at me, knowing he was going to say something along the lines of 'if you didn't have those things in your ear, you would hear me'. A remark that he has said a couple of times in the past.

"You need to rest. You are overexerting yourself." Lok gently holds my hands down and my powers fissure away, noticing something trickle down my chin. I lean a hand up to wipe it away, rolling my eyes as I see I was having a nosebleed.

"Shit-" Loki summons a cloth for me and passes it to me to stop the bleeding.

"(y/n)..." Loki mumbles out and I know he was going to try and talk to me again. I would have walked through walls to avoid him but he had me cornered out on the balcony, my back against the railing. "You're hurting yourself like this."

"I'm trying to fix Asgard."

"I know you are and I am extremely grateful but you need to stop." Loki runs his hands over my skin as the streaks slowly morph back into my skin to leave no marks on it. "You haven't even had time to properly grieve." I flinch, glaring up at Loki knowing he knew that I was avoiding it.