45

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been following Steve around as he gathered up recruits for the civil war but I didn't bother contributing. I sat next to Bucky in Steves car, clinging onto my backpack and not bothered moving anywhere. I didn't want to do anything for fear of exploding again.

"Don't blame yourself. It was not your fault." Bucky whispers to me as Steve got out of the car to talk to Wanda, Scott and Clint.

"I almost killed thousands of people Bucky... I can't do this."

"You didn't kill them (y/n). They were just unconscious and still alive." Sam turns around in his seat, frowning sadly.

"I can't do this." I quickly get out of the car as the boys call after me.

"(y/n)?" I look up and Wanda looks at me sadly, opening her arms and I dive for a hug. "Shh, it's ok."

"I hurt so many people Wanda. I don't want to fight..."

"You don't have to solnyshko." I look up to see Pietro as he smiles warmly at me, ruffling my hair.

"What are you doing here?"

"It has been so long since I have seen you when you ran away. I also could not miss out on seeing Wanda fight."

"Both sides have to be equal so you can't fight or it won't be fair." I raise a brow and Pietro shrugs.

"All is fair in love and war." I snicker, seeing everyone else was suited up and I frown.

"It's time to go." Steve nods at everyone who was ready and I frown. "(y/n)-"

"-Steve, I can't do it." I take a step back and he looks at the helicopter then back at me, unsure of what to do. He sighs and strides through an underpass, then jogs onto a private runway. He heads for the grounded chopper when an electro-disabler slams onto it and Steve looks up to see Tony with Rhodey.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve tries to sway Tony and he looks over at me as I hide behind the pillar. I walk off, ready to go into hiding again when I suddenly bump into someone.

"Sorry-Peter!?" I gasp out, seeing the one and only Spiderman right in front of me as he held his mask in his hands. "Holy fucking shit it's actually you!" Peter looked at me with wide eyes, stumbling over his words.

"You know who I am!? I don't know you-"

"-you're just as adorable as you are in person as through a screen oh my god!" I squeal, lightly pinching his cheeks and Peter turns bright red. "You're so cute!" Peter blushes heavily, sputtering questionable thank yous as I beamed up at him and I quickly take a step back. "Sorry! Couldn't help myself. I'm (y/n)." Peters's eyes widen and he gasps.

"As in the (y/n)!? The heroine that literally fixed New York overnight!? The heroine that took down 3 airships and a whole village!?" Peter suddenly starts fanboying over me and I look at him in surprise. "I can't believe I'm meeting you in person! You're more prettier in person-I mean, not like you weren't pretty-I mean you are! You're beautiful-I can't believe I just called you beautiful!" Peter starts pacing, rambling and apologising and I chuckle lightly.

"Ok calm down." I grab him by his shoulders.

"I'm sorry. I tend to ramble when I'm nervous or just really anxious, either it be presentations or just meeting people in person-I'm doing it again." Peter just takes in a deep breath, letting himself calm down. "I'm Peter Parker, but you already knew that." I chuckle and he nervously rubs his neck. "Are you here to fight as well?"