54

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I'm so excited!

I bounce in my seat in the back next to Peter who sat in the middle while I looked out the window as we arrived at the school and other students were loitering around the steps all dressed up. "And here we are." Liz's dad turns around when he cuts the engine off. "Let me just say, you girls look stunning tonight." We all say thank you, stumbling out of the car. "Now I want you kids to stay safe ok. Peter, I trust you to look after the girls."

"I will sir." He nods nervously and as he was about to get out of the car, Liz's dad stops him.

"You girls go on ahead, I just need to talk to Peter." I look at Peter anxiously and he does the same but nods hesitantly for me to go on. I sigh and pick up my dress, walking up the stairs.

"You guys go in. I'll wait for Peter." Liz and MJ nod as they walk in and I wait on the stairs.

"Well look who it is." I groan out as I hear Flash behind me. "It's (y/n) looking stunning as ever."

"Please don't." He wolf-whistled as he walks up the stairs with his group of friends.

"Is the poor princess without her prince?" Flash mocks and I glare at him. "Good for me cause then we can be each other's dates."

"First of all, no. I stand by not going anywhere near you and second, I came here with my friends. I don't need a date. I'm just waiting for Peter." I nod over to the boy as he scrambles out of Liz's dad's car and quickly rushes over to me.

"Let's go." I squeak as Peter suddenly grabs my shoulders and leads me inside the school, away from Flash.

"Peter, he knows right?" The anxious boy nods. "So what are you going to do?" We reach the doors of the gym, music faintly spilling from the cracks as the lights filtered out from the small window.

"We have fun at homecoming..." Peter opens the gym doors and I look at him in shock.

That's not the response I was looking for!

What just happen!?

He's supposed to go after Liz's dad!

"Peter-"

"-I'll get us some punch. Have fun ok." Peter looks at me seriously and I nod slowly before walking off to find our group.

"And Miss Stark jr. finally joins us." MJ says and Ned does a spit take at the lie MJ believes even though he knows most of the truth.

"Dude, not over the dress." I step back and he apologises. "So, as my first homecoming, what do we do?" MJ grins at me before grabbing my arm.

"Dance of course!" I whoop in joy as MJ spins me, all of us including some of hers and Ned's other friends joining us to dance in the middle of the floor, the music and lights flooding over us.

I was having too much fun to notice something missing until Ned pointed it out. "Where's Peter?" I freeze and quickly scan the gym, especially the punch bowl area to not see him.

Oh, that punk ran off without me to stop vulture!

I mean, sweet of him to let me have my fun homecoming experience but his safety comes first!

"That dumbass!" I seethe, pulling Ned with me after throwing a quick excuse to the others that we will find him.

"We're not actually going to find him are we?"