101

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sigh out as I looked over the balcony of the TVA library, watching people go up and down the escalators as I sat curled up in one of the armchairs while listening to music through my phone. It was one of the few things that Mobius allowed me to have along with my own laptop. I haven't seen him or Loki in the past couple of weeks, making sure to hide from them. I've been avoiding him and avoiding Mobius, well avoiding Loki since Mobius is always busy anyway.

I was still feeling unsure about Loki and the kiss, unsure if he really loved me or it was just the result of seeing my memories. I just didn't want to be used as a product of someones else's happy ending. I didn't want to be used stat, didn't want to be kept on a leash like the TVA.

I just wanted to live a normal life.

"(y/n)?" I jumped in fright, shrieking as I snap my head around to see Mobius behind me.

"Bro, come on. Don't sneak up on me like that." I sigh out, not in the mood to talk to him. Mobius brings over a chair next to me and sits down, the silence growing between us.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. Why are you asking?" Mobius looks at me, trying to figure out if I was lying or not.

"I haven't seen you around for a while."

"And?" I was becoming passive-aggressive and I knew Mobius was getting that vibe from me as he sighs.

"And, Loki has been more quiet than usual. So have you."

"What do you want Mobius? If you can't tell, I'm not really in the mood to talk." I hiss out.

"What happened between you and Loki? You are physically going out of your way to avoid him and he's been looking more depressed than his usual emo prince vibe. He looks betrayed like someone has just stabbed him in the chest."

Is he really that upset?

I frown out, hiding my face against my knees as I held them up to my chest. "You don't have to tell me (y/n) but I can see its hurting you both."

"Why do you care Mobius? All you care about is taking down this killer variant. When have you ever shown any remorse or sympathy for anyone else other than yourself!?" he frowns at me as I start going at him, ignoring the multiple shhs from the people in the library around us. "You trapped me here Mobius! You kept me from having a normal life! You might as well just delete me from existence since I'm supposed to be dead anyway! I'm no use to you! Why keep me alive!?" Mobius stands up in front of me and suddenly pulls me to hug me and I just hit his chest, angry and frustrated. "Let me go!"

"Because I do care." I freeze in Mobius' arms. "For the first time ever, you gave me a reason to care other than just my job and trying to survive. And I care whether or not you're happy. Why do you think I let you do things that no one else is allowed to do?"

"That doesn't mean jack Mobius..." I mumble out and he nods.

"I know. When I consoled you after you found out you lost your child, I felt so guilty. I knew I couldn't do anything to send you back but I couldn't delete you as the Time-Keepers commanded. I couldn't live with myself for killing you again." Mobius hugs me tightly after his confession and I close my eyes, trying to hold back my tears. "If it means anything to you, I'm sorry. I really am."

"Then let me go... please..." Mobius sighs and I break free from his hug knowing he couldn't, not even if it puts his job on the line. "(y/n)..." I shake my head, not wanting to talk to him and I look to the side to see Loki walking towards me. "(y/n), I'm sorry-" I quickly get up, just wanting to avoid both men as I hid between the aisles of books. I slump against a wall in the far back that was more deserted, sighing in frustration.