29

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm in by the way." I tread carefully through the hallway as I spoke into my earpiece, looking like a damn glowstick as streaks fizzed across my skin since I was holding up a forcefield dome around the village near the HYDRA base. It was draining me but it was necessary to keep the people safe.

"Drawbridge is down, people." I hear Tony and I peek out the window to see him fighting off some soldiers.

"Have you guys met the enhanced twin siblings yet?" I whisper out and Thor says yes. "Great, one has superspeed and the other has mental manipulation powers."

"Like you?" Steve asks and I freeze.

"Actually, kind of yeah but I can't read peoples heads or do anything that involves the mind. I can do anything else other than that."

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac." Natasha speaks up.

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better." Thor replies back. 

"(y/n) and Stark secure the sceptre."

"Copy that." Stark and I answer at the same time.

"And for gosh sake, watch your language!" I chuckle as Tony mocks Steve as he enters the building with me.

"That's not going away anytime soon."

"Oh hell no it won't. If you think the team won't drop it, imagine the whole fandom repeating it for years." I grin as Steve groans in frustration. I let Tony do his thing as he sends tiny missiles at the group of soldiers that were hiding out in a room. I follow Tony as he leads me to where the sceptre was, knocking some dude unconscious. I yawn as I lean on the wall, waiting for him to find the secret wall and he does.

"Yay!" We both say and I follow Tony down the dark hallway. I shudder as I felt something wash over me as we got closer to the room the sceptre was being held, a tugging feeling pulling me closer.

"Guys, I got Strucker."

"Yeah, we got... something bigger." Tony mumbles out as we walk into the secret room with a variety of technology as well as recovered artifacts from the battle of New York. I look up and see a strung up disgusting gigantic Chitauri leviathan above me, some of its scrapped armour sitting on a table just below it. "Thor, I got eyes on the prize." Tony says and we got closer to the middle of the room and that tugging feeling gets stronger.

I freeze once my eyes lock onto the sceptre, suddenly hit with the sudden whispers surrounding me. The stone glowed brighter, everything around me silenced as the whispers got louder. I felt sick to the stomach, my vision warped and spun as the whispers begged me to get closer.

I reached closer to touch the stone, my powers unconsciously being summoned like I was being controlled as the streaks across my skin seeped and made my natural skin colour start to turn white and black. The whispers almost became deafening as I was about to touch the stone but a painful shock went through my head.

I hiss lowly and stumble back, blinking my eyes and I'm suddenly plunged into darkness. Once my vision clears, I look up in fear to see masses of dead bodies surrounding me in a heap. A shrill scream escaped my lips as I stumbled back, recognising the faces of the people that lay unmoving.

"No..." I reach out to shake Wanda, her eyes glossy and I move to try and wake up Tony. "Please... wake up!" I cry out, running around and trying to wake up everyone else but they just stayed still, bleeding into the world where they fought Thanos in Infinity War and End Game. I turn around and freeze, seeing someone lift up Loki by his neck, suffocating him. "NO!" I scream out, rushing to save him as this dark figure sucked out his life. "LOKI!" I cry out and he turns to me, tears streaming down his face.