34

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello ladies." I beam up at Steve and Maria as I walked towards them since we all were heading to the labs as Tony and Bruce had called for a team meeting.

"Morning (y/n)." Maria smiles at me and Steve also greets me after giving me a look as we walked past Clint who was talking on the phone with his wife.

"Barton, we might have something." Steve calls out.

"Gotta go." Clint ends the call and joins us.

"Who was that?"

"Girlfriend." Steve nods and I trail behind to walk with Clint.

"Hows the kids and wife?" I ask him in a hushed voice, making sure no one else heard me and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"How did you-right, different universe." Clint sighs but smiles warmly as he thought about his family. "Great actually. Laura and I are expecting a son, our third kid. Natasha will be so disappointed to know it won't be a girl. We promised to name the baby after her." I chuckle, already knowing this but I let Clint tell me about it anyway.

"What's this?" Tony asks as Thor slams the tablet against his chest.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker."

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us."

"He partnered up with the Maximoff twins too." I yawn out, leaning against the table Natasha was working on as my arms were crossed.

"Why, they killed off the only thing they had in common." Steve says but I shake my head.

"They have you in common." I nod at Tony and he puts a hand on his chest like he was offended.

"Me? Why me?"

"Remember the missiles your company used to make." Tony's face pales and he nods. "Yeah. Those."

"Shit..."

"One was fired into their building and hits two floors below, making a hole which their parents fell in. The whole building starts coming apart and the twins hid beneath a bed when a second missile went through the building and lands right in front of them but it didn't go off." a few of the guys suck in their breath and I continue the story. "The twins were stuck in that room for days with that missile just 3 feet from their faces."

"That's..." Steve was just speechless and everyone turns to give Tony the stinkeye.

"What the fuck Tony." Bruce mutters out and he throws his hands up in defence.

"It's not my fault! Is it?" Tony looks at me and I shrug.

"I'm not sure about the timeline about that. I don't know if it links with the time you got kicked out of your company by Obadiah and he dealt under the table or if it's sometime else."

"It could be then!" Tony points at me and I shrug.

"Yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased." Natasha breaks up the tangent and gains all our attention.

"Not everything." Tony and I say and he hi-fives me.

"To the paperwork we go!" I call out and everyone follows Tony to where he stored all the boxes of paperwork he managed to salvage from the base. While we worked through the files, I kept peering over to Thor.

"Go talk to him." Steve nudges me with his shoulder and I look at him.

"Should I?" I whisper and he nods, gently shoving me closer to Thor. I stared up at him and I turn around to see everyone urge me to talk to him. I glare at them all and they quickly turn around and I sigh. "Thor..." I tug on his cape and he freezes. "I'm sorry." I mumble out and Thor lowers the files he was looking at. "please talk to me-" I squeal when he suddenly picks me up from under my arms like a child and carries me out of the room. I see everyone give me a thumbs up from behinds Thor's shoulder. "Thor-"