23

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch Tony and Harley work together on fixing the suit after Harley cleaned up my wounds and got me extra blankets. Tony was teaching the kid and I was munching on the sandwich Harley made for us.

The kid then started pestering Tony about New York and I knew he was getting on edge with the topic. "Hey Harley," the kid turns around to face me and I sit up on the couch, giving him some space. "I want to show you something." He eagerly jumps over to me and I cover him with the blanket.

I focus on my powers, letting it light up around my hands like soft wisps of white flames that danced around my fingers. I chuckled as Harley watched with amazement. I wriggle my fingers and I levitate some of Tony's things.

"Cut it out." I chuckle and I leave him be, conjuring a ball of light in my hand.

"You have powers! That's awesome!" I nod and I throw the ball into the air, letting it explode softly into specks of glittering white around the shed. Harley was in awe, catching some of the specs as it melted in his hands. "What else can you do!?"

"Well with matter manipulation," Tony chucks a piece of scrap metal towards me and I catch it. "I can change existing matter into anything I like unless the elements are the same." I close my fist around the scrap metal, my hand glowing white as I melted the metal. It floats up in blobs of liquid, floating around Harley's head before melding together to form a mirror image of his face. It takes shape of the Avengers one by one before solidifying into a tiny figurine of Harley as it drops into his hands.

"So can you make things out of thin air?" Harley asks and I shake my head.

"Law of conservation of mass. Can't create or destroy it."

"As riveting as that show was, we need to get going to investigate." Tony says as he shrugs on the winter clothes Harley got for us and I do the same, Tony helping me out of the shed. The kid leads us out into town, talking about the bombing incident that happened around here.

The town is small and cute as expected.

There were people still roaming around despite how late it was, celebrating Christmas together in pubs. Harley showed us the alleyway where the incident occurred and I see various candles, photographs, crosses and bouquets of flowers for the victims that had died.

"Then he blew himself up, right here." I shudder as I see the burnt shadows etched onto the walls of the victims. I let the boys talk about it themselves and I roll my eyes as Harley brings up New York again.

"Harley don't." I narrow my eyes at him as Tony starts having another panic attack. He runs off and I chase after him, setting him down on the floor as I kneel in front of him. "Hey breathe, remember what I said. You're ok." Tony struggles to breathe and I hold his hands. "Nose then mouth." He nods and follows me, finally catching his breath. Tony sighs out and lays his head back against the wall.

"What the hell was that?"

Tony throws a snowball at Harley. "Your fault. You spazzed me out. Okay, back to business. Where were we?" I help Tony up back on his feet.

"Does the dead dude have any relatives?" Harley nods at my question and points to the pub. "Mrs Davis is always there."

"See? Now, you're being helpful."