2

☆ 2. Chapter 2

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 2

The dazzling sunshine scorched the earth mercilessly, and the asphalt road became soft and sticky due to the high temperature. From a distance, it looked like a pool of black water poured on the smooth ground. Since the sudden change that day, the entire city B has never had the prosperity it once had.

No one dared to go out, no one dared to be exposed to the so-called abnormal sunlight, so the whole street was unimaginably calm and peaceful. Only the cool breeze passing between the buildings blew by, blowing the messy debris on the ground everywhere.

Jingxia drove the car on this main road. The road has accumulated a thick layer of dust because no one has cleaned it for many days. Every time a car passes by, the dust will fly. What's more, it's messy and ruined, like branches, poles, chairs, sticks, and all kinds of messy and strange things that have been randomly discarded on the road. There are even a few spots on the road that have already been scattered. With black and red traces.

"Master...it's actually like this outside?!" Steward Wang sat in the passenger seat and said in surprise: "This, this, this...how could this be so messy? That supermarket just now seemed..." "

For food. "Jing Xia lowered his eyes and looked ahead expressionlessly. The car was driving eastward. In front of the windshield was a rising sun. The dazzling sunlight made him squint his eyes and said: "Grandpa Wang, How long has it been since someone from above asked not to go out?"

"About... four weeks."

Seemingly not paying attention to the flashing traffic lights at the intersection, Jingxia turned the steering wheel and continued: "In In this midsummer, the shelf life of fresh fruits, vegetables and meat is not long, so now peoples main food is storable food. Moreover, because most of the electromagnetic waves disappear, the water supply and power supply are completely cut off. So you said, both indoors and To avoid the sun and obtain resources, what should I eat?"

Butler Wang was stunned when he heard this. Although he is nearly sixty years old, he has worked in the Jing family for so many years, so he is not the kind of old man with dim eyesight. But after thinking for a while, the energetic old man replied: "It is best to use ready-to-eat products. As for the water source, I'm afraid you can only drink pure water, right?"

Jingxia nodded: "Yes. So, at the beginning of the mutation, At that time, in order to appease the public, the government would definitely not describe this sudden change as too serious or lasting for too long. Therefore, a normal family would at most hoard some food at the beginning, but it would have to be enough for a family of three to eat for nearly a month... ...I'm afraid very few people have such a plan."

After hearing this, Butler Wang nodded: "Not bad."

"Then...Grandpa Wang, you should understand now."

As soon as this sentence came to light, Butler Wang immediately understood. come over. He remained silent and lowered his head and stopped talking. He followed the late Mr. Jing to fight for the world, so he naturally understood the meaning of Jing Xia's words. The streets were so chaotic that they looked like they had experienced fights and robberies. I'm afraid there must have been a brutal fight not long ago.

However, what he never expected was that the young master would analyze this with him so calmly and calmly.

He is obviously only twenty-four years old and has just entered the company. But the young master now looks nothing like the arrogant and unruly young man he used to be. Instead, he has grown up so much overnight that he is able to analyze events in an orderly manner and is no longer impulsive over trivial matters.