72

☆ 72. Chapter 72

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 72:

After this crazy attack by mutant beasts, the number of casualties in the entire S City base was much higher than before. Last time, just one A-level mutant beast was almost impossible for humans to kill. Although humans have made great progress during this period, it is far from possible to truly defeat so many S-level mutants.

Because of the flames of war, the originally orderly streets of S City were filled with broken masonry and rubble. People kept moving away the debris that had been placed on the road, but there was no possibility of recovery for those half-shattered buildings.

In addition to the beach embankment that was attacked at the beginning, the S City base and the research institute were among the most severely damaged places. Since it is a research institute, most of the precision instruments placed in the building were smashed by boulders and turned into ruins.

Therefore, a dense number of simple tents were set up in a large open space next to the research institute. The injured were all placed here for protection and treatment, but more people did not survive the initial attack, or died because of their injuries.

Qin Chu removed the ear loops from his ears, revealing tight red lips under the blue medical mask. She reached out and lifted the black hair that fell on her forehead and wrapped it behind her ears. She took a step back to get out of the way. She watched the nurses carry another seriously injured and dead evolver out of the tent and walked towards a place covered by a big white cloth to the east. go.

There...are all corpses waiting to be cremated.

With the huge number of casualties, even Qin Chu could not treat every injured person. Her pale and thin cheeks these days are already hinting at the overuse of supernatural powers and the round-the-clock back-up treatment.

"This is today's... 28th one."

Watching the evolved person with a broken arm disappear from his sight, Qin Chu opened his mouth unconsciously and muttered to himself. She put her hands in the pockets of her large white coat, and the cool wind blew from her back, making her back look even more desolate.

"Doctor Qin, there is a man over there who has just been dug out of the rubble. His left leg was compressed by a boulder and his blood vessels have become necrotic. Go and see what needs to be done!"

A female nurse hurried over, but after a while, Qin Chu He turned around and ran with her to a small tent in the distance. There was no time to rest at all, let alone to feel sad.

The scorching sun continued to shine on this devastated land without losing its brilliance. The first cremation was carried out in the evening. In order to prevent the spread of infectious diseases in this hot weather, this process had been going on for four days.

Ji Chuancheng lit the first flame with his own hands, and then the fire filled the sky, gnawing and burning the bodies of dozens of people. The sky-high firelight mixed with the pungent smell disappeared into the world, leaving only the gray-white ashes. and the remains of a few bones. After a gust of cool wind, the ashes disappeared with the wind, and the sky became dark.

Jingxia and Ji Chuancheng were walking in the quiet dormitory corridor late at night.

Both of them walked forward in silence, only their folded hands were still transmitting warmth to each other, communicating silently. I don't know how long it took, but Jingxia still couldn't help but sigh softly and said: "Achuan, today I saw Sister Qin fainted again due to excessive use of her powers. This should be... the fifth time since that day. Let's go."