12

☆ 12. Chapter 12

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 12

The summer heat has disappeared a lot in September, especially in the lush green trees and shaded mountains and forests. There are even cold winds blowing at night, and the temperature in the mountains drops sharply. Because the weather was hot and dry when he first left home, Jingxia only took a few thin shirts with him before going out. He didn't think about clothes at all, because after gaining superpowers, the body functions of all evolvers improved too much, and they didn't respond much to temperature differences of dozens of degrees.

But now, he has not evolved yet.

Jing Xia rested her chin on her hand and looked at the crackling fire with her mouth pursed. Clusters of flames kept shooting upwards, burning and heating the surrounding air. He was wearing Ji Chuanmao's black shirt. Since it was one size too big, Jingxia had to roll up the cuffs.

Thinking of this, Jing Xia felt depressed.

It's obviously only half a head taller, but this guy's figure is one size bigger than him! This guy looks quite thin with his clothes on, but when he takes them off, he still has eight-pack abs!

With a cold snort from his nose, Jingxia threw the small wooden stick in his hand into the fire.

"You are much taller than before." A low and hoarse voice suddenly sounded, as gentle as the night wind in the quiet valley, making Jingxia unable to react at once. "I remember that you used to be worried that you wouldn't grow taller."

After a long time, Jingxia turned around with a strange expression and asked in a low voice: "Do you still remember those words of a child?"

That was Jingxia's dark history.

He and Ji Chuancheng met when they were five years old. Before he was ten years old, he grew very slowly. And Ji Chuancheng was five years older than him. At that time, he was in the period of rapid growth. It only took him five years to reach 1.78 meters, which made Jingxia envious and kept talking about it every day. Also grow taller and taller.

After listening to Jing Xia's words, Ji Chuancheng lowered his eyes and said, "Well. Since then, I have rarely seen you." The tough and handsome face softened a bit under the firelight. Somehow, Looking in Jing Xia's eyes, he actually felt that this man was a little lonely.

With a slight blockage in his throat, Jing Xia swallowed before continuing: "Well, your old man threw you into the army when you were sixteen. Haha, it's a good thing you went to the army. If I had to watch this every day With your cold face, I must have changed from Jingxia to Jingdong a long time ago."

Jingxia's laughter echoed in the silent valley, occasionally mixed with Butler Wang's low snoring, and the night breeze With a gentle blow, it was as cold as Antarctica. Finally, the awkward laughter could no longer be maintained. Jing Xia stiffly twitched the corner of her mouth and asked in a low voice: "Isn't it funny?"

Ji Chuancheng glanced at him coldly: "It's funny."

"Then you should smile. Ah!"

"You're funny."

"..."

The last night watch tonight is Ji Chuancheng and Jing Xia. This time is between four and five o'clock in the day, when the temperature is the lowest. The sky in the east has turned a fish belly white, and it is only the full sun that is missing from breaking through the horizon.

Jingxia was bored and fiddled with the fire with a wooden stick, and the flames were getting smaller and smaller. Occasionally, he glanced at the man next to him with his peripheral vision, and found that the man was looking thoughtfully into the distance, not knowing what he was thinking.