44

☆ 44. Chapter 44

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 44

The sun was approaching noon.

The sunlight was scattered from directly above the sky, no longer slanting, and the light coming through the large and bright windows gradually faded away. The light in the entire room became a bit darker, and the sun's light shrank to a position very close to the bottom of the window railing.

The atmosphere solidified.

There was a trace of bright water in Ji Chuancheng's sharp eyes, his eyes were red, and his voice seemed hoarse at the end, and seemed to be completely submerged in his throat. After he finished speaking, he lowered his eyes in silence and never looked at Jing Xia again.

His whole body was immersed in a slightly lighter darkness, and as long as he didn't speak, it was as if he didn't exist at all. He seemed to be indifferent and calm as usual, but the tightly clasped fingers revealed the ups and downs deep in his heart.

On the other side, the young man froze completely, his throat was dry, and he couldn't even say a word.

Each word passed through his ears, through his eardrums, through his eardrums, and into the depths of his brain, stirring up countless emotions. Too many scenes seemed to pass through his eyes, from the cold and beautiful boy who held his hand through the banquet when he was a child, to the silent and handsome young man who stood behind him without saying a word to support him, to now. ...

The two of them faced each other in this small room in silence, letting time pass by but having nothing to say.

"Achuan is my brother, it's not your turn to make irresponsible remarks. You, get out of here. 』

——Somehow, this sentence suddenly echoed in Jing Xia's mind.

This was at his 18-year-old coming-of-age ceremony. This man was unable to attend due to military duties. Someone once said jokingly, "Young Master Ji must have forgotten, haha." Without a trace of hesitation, Jing Xia blurted out these words.

They are friends, they are brothers, they are people who cannot be separated from each other and are even willing to die for each other.

But...

can it go any further?

Break the taboo line that no one dares to mention, and completely pierce that layer of window paper that is obviously very thin but no one dares to puncture.

Her eyes suddenly became warm, and Jing Xia gradually felt that her vision was a little blurry. He lowered his head and looked at his fingers, because after these months of training and adventure, they were no longer as smooth and delicate as before. The thin wound spread from the fingertips to the palm of the hand, cutting the long lifeline into two lines, looking hideous and terrifying.

But he knew that these were nothing compared to the man opposite him.

No matter how difficult and dangerous the mission is, no matter how many scars he has suffered that cannot be healed, when this person returns to City B and sees him, he will always have that calm and calm face, and say in an understatement:

"Well ,I'm back.

Its like a mantra and a promise.

No one is going to point it out, and no one is going to expose it. It seems that they are deliberately pretending to be brothers who have a good relationship, and all the over-sacrifice and over-protection in the past twenty years have been suppressed in lies that have no credibility at all -