18

☆ 18. Chapter 18

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 18

"Are you Jingxia?" There was a hint of ridicule in his voice. The dimly shining candlelight in the darkness illuminated the man's face half-brightly. He looked around Jingxia with evil intentions. , not paying attention to his current embarrassed appearance.

But Jing Xia ignored this man at all, or it seemed that he didn't hear what the other man said to him. He gently placed the cold old man in his arms on the ground, then walked up to the people surrounding him, and shouted in a daze: "Achuan?"

He received endless responses. silence.

The handsome man was frowning at the moment, with a painful expression on his face, as if he was suffering tremendous torture. His eyes were tightly closed, and thin beads of sweat oozed from his forehead. He was obviously in a coma, but his hands were firmly clasped on the ground, silently expressing the indescribable pain.

Jing Xia instantly felt that he was suspended in the air of an endless abyss. The man in front of him who was on the verge of life and death was his trusted and cherished best friend, and the cold body behind him that had lost all breath was the old man who had watched him grow up. He seemed to have seen the hellish scene he had seen during the first beast wave in City B -

countless mutant beasts overwhelmingly coming from the east.

The earth is trembling and the sky is mourning.

Humanity has never been as small as that moment. Just like millions of years ago, there is no power to fight back in the face of nature and other life forms, and they can only be slaughtered, bitten, and divided. Blood sprayed in the air, there were cries and cries, everyone ran away frantically, but in the end most of them fell into an endless hell of killing.

Death, despair.

Just like what he felt again now, people can no longer raise any hope of survival. The kind that can't even move the body in front of the enemy and can only watch oneself being torn in half by the giant claws. His body was chewed to pieces by wild beasts.

"Ahhhh!!!"

Qin Chu was stunned. She watched in shock as the thin young man suddenly hugged his head, collapsed and squatted on the ground, burying himself deeply in his knees. . The thin body kept shaking, as if it could no longer accept the next heavy blow.

Qin Chu felt that her throat was getting more choked up. She opened her mouth half way before speaking. Then Yu Kai on the side asked tentatively: "Um...are you okay?" Seeing that the other party did not respond to him, Yu Kai was confused. He touched his head and said: "Are you... Jingxia? The major has always mentioned you before and has always wanted to come to you... I believe the major will get better. He even survived a bullet through his chest back then. Yeah. Really, so..." At the end of the sentence, even Yu Kai lost his confidence and could only keep his voice quiet and stop talking.

Qin Chu sighed helplessly when he saw this, and then no longer cared about the situation here. The top priority now is to save those who can be saved! She immediately opened the medical kit she carried with her, and as soon as her fingers touched the slender golden needle, it suddenly stopped, hanging in mid-air, and stopped moving -

she had no idea what to do in this situation!

For a long time, just when Yu Kai wanted to ask a question strangely, Qin Chu suddenly raised his hand to cover his lips, stared seriously and sadly at the man who was still surrounded by pain, and sobbed: "I really... I dont know what to do... Why, I dont know how to save...