49

☆ 49. Chapter 49

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 49:

Night fell, and the entire S City base gradually fell into endless darkness.

Unlike the previous stinginess in power supply, tonight's City S seemed to have returned to its pre-apocalyptic prosperity. The lights are brilliant, gradually dispelling the darkness, and the electric lights on the road light up, illuminating the road like daylight.

The brightest among them is naturally the base headquarters in S City and the research institute next to it.

Most of the injured ordinary people were transferred to the base headquarters for treatment, while the research institute accommodated hundreds of injured evolvers throughout S City. Many people are still searching and salvaging the bodies of evolved people and ordinary people near the beach in Area 80, and are always on guard against enemy attacks again.

"This kind of injury... does it look like he was attacked by a mutant beast that resembles a snake? It actually mutated into a snake-like mutant that is also poisonous. It must be a C-level mutant or above.

" The researcher wearing a white anti-infection mask quickly made a judgment on the bitten corpse in front of him, then took the record book to the second corpse and started a new round of recording.

This situation is constantly happening in the beach area of ​​District 80.

To destroy dead human corpses in a timely manner to prevent air and water contamination, the death list must be registered first to minimize personal injuries and omissions.

The institute is divided into five areas, occupying nearly a dozen small buildings and a large area of ​​unoccupied land. At this time, all injured evolvers were assigned to the medical support department of the third division for treatment.

Jingxia could already start to move her body in the evening.

This is not only because Qin Chu healed 70% of the broken scar on his leg from the beginning, but also because the Evolver's own super metabolism accelerates the body's recovery ability, and it also includes new drugs secretly researched by the institute.

This medicine, called In the future, the body's own immune recovery speed has been greatly improved, and an evolved person whose heart was mostly corroded was successfully revived while the side effects were temporarily unknown.

In addition, the true strength of the institute was revealed during this temporary enemy attack. Powerful and mysterious offensive weapons, several powerful healing potions, and precise instruments for exploring and measuring mutant beasts are all breathtaking.

The hazy night made those things hidden in the darkness retreat even further.

Jing Xia reluctantly held on to a crutch made by Yu Kai, and trudged forward bumpily in the crowded corridor. From time to time, someone would look at him suspiciously, then quickly look away and continue going about their own business.

Compared with many evolvers who were injured and almost died, Jingxia's "minor injury" of a broken leg could only be regarded as ordinary.

He asked several people along the way before he found the rooms on the highest floor of the medical area.

After the end of the world, due to the substantial improvement in the physical fitness of the evolved people, the establishment of ICU units is almost unnecessary. Except for a few mutated viruses, there are almost no microorganisms that can infect the wounds of evolvers, and they will never become a fatal hazard.