20

☆ 20. Chapter 20

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 20

This journey is much more difficult than before.

The mountain road is rugged and difficult to navigate, and some towering trees that often grow taller and taller appear across the road, so Ji Chuanmao needs to get out of the car and set fire to it every time. Occasionally, there will be some mutant beasts that block the way and attack, but basically all they need is Yu Kai's intervention to deal with them.

Unlike the cheerful and sunny appearance of a boy next door, Yu Kai's strength really surprised Jing Xia. He is tall and strong, and does not need weapons. He can knock over a ferocious black bear with just a pair of iron fists, and... this is under the premise that Yu Kai has not evolved any powers.

Nearly three months have passed since the mutation began. Autumn comes very quickly, and it makes people feel bitingly cold in the mountains and forests. The sun was no longer as hot and fierce as before, shining tepidly on the black Land Rover, as if all the light and heat had been consumed by the clouds.

After bypassing the last hill with an altitude of 400 meters, the two-day mountain road finally came to an end. The two-lane road suddenly widened into four lanes, and a thick layer of dust accumulated on the ground, kicked up by the passing vehicles. The black and atmospheric Land Rover had been driving for less than half an hour when it suddenly stopped with a "crunch".

Ji Chuancheng turned his head expressionlessly and said, "Qin Chu, you drive."

Qin Chu was sitting on the far right side of the back seat packing the things in the medical kit. When she suddenly heard Ji Chuancheng's words, she looked up and was confused. Pointing to the injection medicinal materials scattered on her thigh, she said, "Master, I'm just packing up my things right now. Isn't this inconvenient."

Ji Chuan glanced at the things on her legs with lowered eyes, and then turned his head. He looked at Yu Kai who had just woken up in the passenger seat and said, "Yu Kai, you drive. Qin Chu, sit in the passenger seat."

Yu Kai was sleeping in a daze when he suddenly heard Ji Chuancheng's order and subconsciously He woke up, shouted "yes" without saying a word, and then quickly got out of the car and got to the passenger seat.

Qin Chu: "..."

No matter how speechless he was, Qin Chu could only get out of the car honestly, walk to the passenger seat, drive and get in.

On the other side, Ji Chuan opened the right door and got in. As soon as he sat down, he saw Jing Xia opening her eyes hazy, muttering in a low voice: "Ah Chuan? Why are you here...what happened to you?" Are you ready?" As he spoke, Jingxia moved his head away from a thin and straight shoulder. Because of his movement, the sleeping little black dumpling on top of his head was almost thrown off, and he quickly pulled his short legs to death. Rubbed on Jingxia's head.

"Well, nothing happened. I'm a little tired. I want to take a nap and rest."

The car started again. After hearing Ji Chuancheng's words, Qin Chu looked at him in the rearview mirror in surprise. She blinked in confusion and thought to herself: I used to drive the young man through the night for three consecutive days without getting tired. Why did I feel tired after driving for half a day?

Jing Xia nodded without much thought, her eyes fluttering and she wanted to fall asleep again. He just closed his eyes and fell asleep as soon as his head touched the back of the car seat. His head fell to the left, and just when he was about to touch the thin shoulder, he was suddenly pulled by a hand with sharp bones, and he quietly pulled it towards him, leaning firmly on his shoulder. superior.