54

☆ 54. Chapter 54

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 54:

On November 8, the S city base experienced the most difficult enemy attack war after the "Bloody Day".

This time the enemies are no longer the land animals known to humans. They landed from the embankment, truly demonstrating their unstoppable power to humans for the first time.

The ocean has always been a territory that humans have never cared about. It has the largest number of biological species and the richest biota in the world, and is even a place where almost all elements in the world are gathered. The world's deepest Mariana Trench is home to more than 2 million marine creatures, all of which are hidden deep in the ocean and seem to have nothing to do with the outside world.

Until this day, all their ferocious fangs were exposed.

No longer a quiet and peaceful river, no longer a gentle blue sea, this place that humans have never really set foot on finally no longer protects its strength and launches a full-scale attack on humans. Their strength is far higher than the mutation level that humans have imagined. They have never left the sea, and only this search at the bottom of the inland river turned up three A-level mutants.

Two were killed directly, and one was successfully captured alive for research.

And in order to defend their homeland, human sacrifices are also very appalling.

The S city base, which had a small population in the first place, after this battle, the number of evolvers dropped sharply to less than a thousand, and the casualties of ordinary people were even more heavy, with only a little over one million people left.

For ten days, cremating corpses, cleaning up the battlefield, and rebuilding the dyke defense system consumed too much human energy and diverted all their attention. When everything seemed to have finally come to an end, the belated grief and sorrow really hit everyone's heart, and there were silent cries in the streets and alleys.

Walking on this street that is as quiet as death, even the most cold-blooded people will eventually be infected by the suppressed sadness in their hearts. They will not make loud noises and laugh, but will be immersed in pain.

"After the previous beast wave, they... were not as sad as they are now." Jingxia, wearing a light blue medical mask, looked at the numb crowd around him and said, "The casualties back then were much worse than now." It was too tragic. Nearly half of the evolvers in the entire S city base died, and the research institute was almost completely destroyed. But... none of them were as sad as this time." The

tall man and the young man walked side by side on the street. Go up, pass through the crowd walking in the opposite direction, and walk towards the research institute. They are like aliens in the crowd. Needless to say, they have a very different aura that separates them from the people next to them. They are not like walking zombies who have lost hope.

Ji Chuancheng lowered his head slightly, looked at Jing Xia who frowned, and said, "That's because - now they have nothing else to do except grieve."

Jing Xia was stunned for a moment, and then slowly understood. Sighing softly, he said: "Yes, because last time they didn't have the energy to grieve at all, and they had to be wary of enemies who might attack again at any time, but this time... at least they are safe for a short time." His tone was helpless.

His deep and profound eyes were fixed on the young man, just as a cool autumn wind blew from the east, blowing Ji Chuan's broken hair back from his forehead, revealing a pair of sharp eyes. He was silent for a long time and said: "Don't worry, Professor Qi will not let this phenomenon continue for too long. In two days at most, they will find new hope."