4

☆ 4. Chapter 4

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 4

No matter how hot and scorching the sun is, when it shines into the house through the thick double-layer glass, it becomes warm and gentle. When the sun gradually moved away and the colorful clouds formed a beautiful landscape on the distant horizon, Jingxia told everything truthfully.

Because of unconditional trust, he can tell this person everything he knows.

There is no other reason, just because -

he is Ji Chuanmao.

Ji Chuan's stern and dignified face was still indifferent and calm. Ji Chuan looked at the ancient wooden coffee table with narrowed eyes and said nothing. When everything was said, Jingxia swallowed her saliva nervously, not knowing what to say. He looked down at the blue and white porcelain cup in his hand, and saw a few green buds swirling in the clear tea water.

Seeing this interesting scene, the big stone that had been suppressing Jingxia's heart was finally lifted. Perhaps because he shared this secret with others, he no longer had to bear it alone, so he could be amused by such small things.

A slight arc slowly formed on his lips. Just as Jing Xia was about to raise his head and say something, a deep magnetic male voice interrupted everything he wanted to say -

"The last thing I want to know is, why are you reborn?"

The smile suddenly froze on her lips, Jing Xia's eyes widened suddenly, and her throat suddenly became clogged. The bone-gnawing darkness and pain, as well as Su Weishang's wild and proud laughter, suddenly returned to his brain at this moment, making him unable to breathe.

A thin layer of cold sweat seeped out from his forehead. Ji Chuan saw the young man's pale face and narrowed his eyes dangerously. The window bars blocked the sunlight from the middle, only illuminating the upper bodies of the two people. Under the dim shadow of the coffee table, Ji Chuancheng gradually clenched his hands, but on the surface he still looked calm.

Finally calming down his breathing, Jing Xia suddenly curled his lips and said without any warning: "Why do you want to know this question? I was in a certain war between humans and mutants, and I accidentally hit a flower with an ugly sucker and a bright white head. The insidious trick of the S-class white lotus mutant with its own holy light, and then it was reborn. Don't worry about this, it's not important."

Ji Chuancheng's eyes darkened, and his tone was suspicious: "A... flower? "

Well, of course it's true." He simply sat up from the sofa and raised an eyebrow flamboyantly. Jing Xia asked, "What? Do you still think I'm lying to you?"

Ji Chuancheng raised his eyes. , his dark and deep eyes stared closely at the flamboyant and willful young man, and did not look away for a long time. Just when Jing Xia felt that she could no longer bear the pressure and was about to confess, Ji Chuancheng suddenly looked away and whispered: "No." "

Okay, okay, we have been talking in the study for so long. Now, Grandpa Wang and Sister Qin should be worried down there." Jing Xia raised her right hand and touched her hair, letting out two dry laughs from her throat. This shriveled laughter echoed softly in the quiet study, and finally disappeared completely. Ji Chuancheng just lowered his eyes and didn't know what he was thinking, completely ignoring this young man who was idle and bored.

Although he didn't get a response from the other party, Jing Xia didn't feel embarrassed, but felt relieved.

About Su Weishang...he had no intention of telling Ji Chuancheng.