29

☆ 29. Chapter 29

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 29:

City S in late autumn is not as smoggy as City B early in the morning, and the temperature is also relatively mild. The peaceful sunshine shone on the streets, and those who had rested at night took to the streets one after another, continuing to clean up the dilapidated mess and plant new crops.

Although the new seeds developed and produced by the institute have reduced the possibility of plant mutation to less than 10%, growing and cultivating food rations is still a problem as food becomes increasingly scarce.

Jingxia stared at the large soil planting area that had been re-planned by overthrowing the short building, and stared at it for a long time.

"Today I will take you to the cleaning team first. What you are responsible for today is to clean up a community east of Area 81 of the base. You can come back at noon." The hearty and rich male voice was still loud despite the noisy sound of the street. Zhou Yi looked at Jingxia's lost look, looked in the direction of his gaze, and then said: "It turned out to be a large six-story old residential area over there. People from the research institute said that the soil conditions there are suitable for the cultivation of new seeds. , so we opened a planting area there."

Jingxia nodded when he heard this, turned his head and stopped looking over there, and said with a smile: "Brother Zhou, are you going to work with me on the cleaning team today?"

"Haha , Thats right. When you first arrived, Professor Lu gave me the task of guiding you. Of course, I have to introduce you to you. The task of the cleaning team is to sweep the unknown and safe areas and confirm..."

Jingxia listened while Looking at these tasks that he already knew, he absently looked at the people working non-stop on that large piece of land. Only about a kilometer away, the bright sunshine shone on the river on the other side of the field, creating little silvery waves.

This is one of the landing points for the mutants in the first beast war.

Unlike ordinary people who are busy in the base, the evolvers seem to be very leisurely. Jing Xia and Zhou Yi walked slowly on the street, heading towards District 81. Originally, Zhou Yi was supposed to have a rest today, but he was assigned by Professor Lu to take care of Jing Xia.

This sincere and enthusiastic Northeastern man took Jingxia away without saying a word, and kept explaining the work that the cleaning team needed to do along the way. The two of them walked for more than an hour before arriving at Area 81. There were fewer and fewer people along the road, and in the end there were only a few evolvers left, with no trace of ordinary people left.

"The closer you get to the border of the base, the fewer ordinary people there are, so we need to expand the scope of the base and confirm safety." Zhou Yi stretched out his hand to greet an evolver, then turned his head and continued to say to Jing Xia: "Generally speaking, this job is still It's a bit dangerous, but I think it shouldn't be too difficult for you. By the way, the mutant you encountered in the research institute was found in Area 81, and it also seriously injured one of our five-sense evolvers. Jingxia

was stunned: "Xiao Yueyue?"

Upon hearing the name, Zhou Yi's face turned red and white, and finally he had to admit: "Yes, it's Xiao Yueyue."

It seemed that he didn't want to continue this topic at all. Yi quickened his pace and found a lean man who was waving and smiling at them, and introduced: "Jingxia, this is Xu Qi, he is with us today." The