23

☆ 23. Chapter 23

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 23

After entering the protective net, the atmosphere of the city suddenly changed.

The blood stains flowing and leaking on the road cannot be completely cleaned because they have turned black, but the random piles of garbage and debris cannot be seen on the road. Unlike the cold and desolate scene outside the protective net, although the buildings, street trees, and street lights in S City Base are dilapidated, there are people walking and working from time to time, creating a lively scene.

"We evolvers are all concentrated on the coastal edge of the new district, and one-third of us are stationed in the Huangpu River area. The mutant beasts in S City mainly live in the ocean and rivers. Most of them on land have been wiped out, and a few They were all captured and handed over to the group of researchers above for study." The man who took the lead was named Zhou Yi, who was originally an aboriginal of S City. His evolutionary direction in the last days was mainly muscle strength, and he was one of the best offensive types among evolvers.

Qi Yang looked around thoughtfully and suddenly asked: "Your protective net seems to be powered on? I can know how you ensure the supply and conduction of electricity under the current circumstances and how. To reduce electrical losses?"

Zhou Yizheng was introducing the current situation of the S City base. After listening to Qi Yang's question, he was stunned for a while and answered without much thought: "We have two evolvers with lightning powers in our S City base. , one of them has very strong powers, so it can supply large-scale electricity." After a pause, he added: "As for the gyro AC circuit that was researched and designed by Professor Qi, I don't know the details. Anyway, it is quite economical. Oh, by the way, the protective net only injects circuits within 12 hours from 6 o'clock in the evening to 6 o'clock the next day. Under other circumstances, there is no power."

Qi Yang slowly raised his lips, He nodded and stopped talking.

However, Zhou Yi suddenly asked in surprise: "That's not right. The electricity is not turned on yet. Even if it is turned on, a normal person shouldn't be able to tell that it is live. How do you know that the protective net is live?"

Qi Yang He turned around and looked at the rows of high-rise buildings around him, showing no intention of answering Zhou Yi's question. Seeing that the irritable Zhou Yi was about to get angry, Jing Xia quickly said: "He is not a normal person, so you don't need to pay attention to him." After saying that, Jing Xia pointed to the roasted shackles on Qi Yang's hands and said : "Here, look. This man was locked up just after he came out of the courtyard. You don't need to worry about what he said."

Zhou Yi suddenly realized and nodded: "Turns out he is a madman."

His voice was not lowered at all, and it naturally spread. Qi Yang heard it, but the latter didn't seem to be angry at all. Instead, he showed a disdainful smile, his eyebrows slightly curved, and he seemed to like the term "madman" very much.

"By the way, I'm a little curious about why there are still humans living outside the protective net?" Seeing that he had walked about a kilometer away, Jingxia couldn't help but asked: "The protective net should be set up to protect life safety, how could this happen? Is there anyone living outside the base? This is very unsafe."

Because of Jing Xia's appearance, Zhou Yi smiled all the way, but after hearing his words, this simple and innocent man suddenly stopped smiling. An ugly look suddenly appeared on his hard-lined face. After a long time, he said: "Actually, this is not a secret. You are right. The protective net is the edge of our S City base, and those ordinary people are Living outside the base."