5

☆ 5. Chapter 5

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 5

The sky was vast and quiet, and a pitch-black night shrouded the entire land in an atmosphere of silence. Due to the power outage, the once bustling city now seemed to have completely wiped out all living things and turned into a dead city. Only occasionally came the faint light of candles from a few windows in the building, which was quickly extinguished.

In such a silent environment, a silver-black Range Rover was speeding across the road, heading south quickly. The appearance of this car seems to be no different from ordinary vehicles, but there is an unusual bulge on the roof. If you look from the inside, you will find an extra protruding metal box that tightly covers the entire ceiling.

Not only that.

Every corner inside the car shimmers with a faint silver light, and occasionally the moonlight shines in from the outside, making it even more dazzling. In order to save the car's solar energy resources, the air conditioner was not turned on. The cool night breeze blew through the car window, blowing Jingxia's hair back.

Sitting in the specially improved super car, facing the wind, Jingxia snorted comfortably, causing the man in the driver's seat to glance at him.

In the back seat of the car were the white-haired old man and the beautiful and charming Yu Jie. They were already asleep facing the windows on one side. At this moment, only Ji Chuancheng who was driving and Jing Xia who was in the passenger seat were still awake.

"You can rest for a while first." A deep magnetic male voice suddenly sounded, his voice was very low, as if he was worried about disturbing the rest of the people behind him.

Jing Xia was stunned when he heard this, then turned around and said with a smile: "If I fall asleep, you will be alone. What if you are also tired and your hands are unsteady?" "

I don't know how. Tired."

The teasing smile suddenly froze on his face. Looking at the deep and handsome profile of the man opposite him, Jing Xia curled his lips. His eyes glanced at Qin Chu and Butler Wang in the back seat. After confirming that both of them had fallen asleep, he turned his head to Ji Chuancheng's ear and said in a low voice: "Why don't you let me go today?" Tell Sister Qin about the matter? Or...you want me to keep it a secret from everyone." As

soon as the car left the city, the field of vision immediately broadened. There was not a single pedestrian on the empty road, and the moonlight penetrated the thin clouds and shone on the vast land, illuminating the path forward for the car.

Warm breath sprayed into Ji Chuancheng's ears bit by bit, but he still looked calmly and looked ahead quietly. Just when Jingxia thought that the other party would not answer her question, she suddenly heard another sigh: "Qin Chu already knows what she should know, and I have also reported some things that can be told to her through a special method. The country, but there are more things... even the government can't solve them now."

Jing Xia was stunned.

"If it goes as you said, it will develop to that point in the future. Due to the irregularity of evolution, no one can guarantee the talent the country will acquire. Moreover, since you also said that evolution will be basically completed. By that time, the state machine had collapsed and the army never appeared..."

Jing Xia immediately interrupted: "That's right. When the first wave of beasts came, almost one-third of the people died. Many evolutionary abandoners He died in that battle, and at that time, no one from the country appeared, let alone a well-trained army. And after that... he never appeared."