8

☆ 8. Chapter 8

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 8

The deeper you go into the jungle, the more branches and leaves there are. Sometimes it even blocks the entire field of vision, and you can only see the road under your feet and smell the fishy earthy fragrance. As if walking in a primeval forest that was five times denser, Jing Xia could barely keep his pace with one foot deep and one shallow, and sometimes his movements were even less agile than Butler Wang's.

This is not due to age, but because Jingxia's current body really lacks exercise.

In his previous life, he followed Wu Jiqing's team and had already trained his physical fitness to a certain extent. However, after meeting Ji Chuancheng later, he was still criticized for being useless, so he had a week of special training.

It's a pity that that body has been lying on the cold and damp rocks in S City forever. Jing Xia thought about it and even thought that he might be eaten by a passing mutant among the beasts. Sighing softly, Jingxia stopped thinking about these past things.

But now, what they need to find a way out is the most important thing.

It is no longer just a matter of finding the troops in the restricted area. They are now surrounded by plant branches and leaves that are multiplying more rapidly and densely, and their growth rate is simply visible to the naked eye.

"Try it with fire." Ji Chuancheng stared at these creaking and growing vine creatures for a long time, and then suggested.

Soon, each of the four people had a wooden stick in their hands. Probably due to changes in the global environment, it only took a few minutes for the thin wooden stick to be ignited by a lighter. Ji Chuancheng took the lead and walked to the concave convex vine bush. Without changing his expression, he held the torch and ignited some of the growing buds.

This kind of creature was something Jingxia had never seen before.

Before the first beast war began, Wu Jiqing's team had been wandering around City B, where there were no such weird plants in the deep mountains and old forests. In other words, an inland city like City B is the most suitable base camp for human settlement.

Because it is a city, no matter how good the greening is, the variety and total amount of plants will still be poor. And it's still deep inland, so there won't be any incoming marine mutant creatures. Therefore, City B can be said to be a good human base.

There would not be such strange mutant vines in City B, and in the beast tide war, such mutants with no attack power or simply difficulty in moving would not participate in the war at all. So Jingxia has really never seen this kind of mutant. Compared to those mutated beasts that bite humans with their tentacles and teeth, and the mutated plants that enchant humans with floral scents and colors, this guy is considered "gentle" enough. "Yes.

"The outer skin is very hard. It seems that the flame temperature of at least 300 degrees Celsius has no effect on this mutant." Qin Chu looked at the still green buds under the orange flames and sighed helplessly: "But, they don't seem to be any longer. It's grown. That's fine. If it continues to grow, it will really wrap us into a ball."

Ji Chuancheng frowned, shook his head and said: "Its growth method is still normal." As soon as he finished speaking, A flash of silver light flashed, and in Ji Chuancheng's hand, there was a small section of the vine that shriveled up quickly. "The diameter of its conduit is quite large, and the pith appears in the center. It is probably because the temperature has a certain effect on its nutrient transmission." Influence, such as..."