43

☆ 43. Chapter 43

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 43

The bright but not hot sunlight shines through the thick glass, even less intense than the heat of midsummer. The light shines into the room, forming several mottled light traces in the air, and the floating dust dances like elves under the sunlight. The room was extremely quiet, as if a pin dropped, you could hear it clearly.

The sunlight happened to shine from behind Ji Chuancheng, imprinting a layer of light gold on his body. His face was stern, his thin lips pursed slightly, he seemed a little displeased, and there seemed to be some... indescribable complex expression.

Jing Xia stared blankly at such a strange yet familiar man. What was strange was his rare solemn and serious look, but what was familiar was... those seemingly cold eyes still had a softened expression, and there was nothing that outsiders would expect. of indifference.

With sobs in her throat, Jingxia waited for a while before saying, "Ahem, Ah Chuan... what on earth are you talking about?"

After waiting for a while, there was no reply, and Jingxia looked at the other person cautiously. Ji Chuancheng's handsome and profound face was still calm and composed, his eyes were slightly narrowed, and he looked like "I'm still waiting for your answer".

"..."

Eyes as cold as obsidian looked at Jing Xia up and down for a long time. When the latter felt that the hairs all over his body were about to stand up, Ji Chuancheng suddenly let out a long sigh and said: " Do you still remember that when you were 17 years old, you went to spend the night with the young masters from the Fang family and the Wei family?"

These words were so abrupt that Jingxia couldn't figure it out at all. When he followed Ji Chuancheng's words, he suddenly remembered what happened back then. Night, Fang family, Wei family...

Jing Xia exclaimed: "You actually remember that incident?!"

Ji Chuancheng calmly nodded slightly as an answer.

Jing Xia suddenly became weak. He coughed twice and said, "I was ignorant back then. Now I will never do such stupid things. You know." As he said that, he raised his head subconsciously. He touched the left side of his face with his hand. The skin had already returned to its original smoothness and delicateness, but... he felt Ji Chuancheng's fiery punch as clearly as yesterday.

He almost took drugs in the night with those few friends.

And that incident was also the most angry thing Ji Chuancheng had experienced in the past twenty years.

Suddenly hearing this answer, Ji Chuancheng raised an eyebrow and said lightly: "How did you answer me back then?"

Jing Xia was stunned when he heard this, and he immediately racked his brains to think back. Time passed too long, and he experienced too many things later. He should have forgotten all about this sentence that had passed so many years ago. However, he was surprised to find that just as he remembered some clues, he actually remembered the situation clearly!

In the garden of the Ji family mansion, he stood behind Ji Chuancheng and said humbly: "Achuan, this is definitely my last time. If I make a mistake again, I will... I will listen to you in everything from now on! If you say east, I will never dare to go west!" After

recalling the situation at that time in his mind, Jing Xia was so frightened that he immediately said: "Wait, why are you suddenly saying this? What...where did I make a mistake?! I seem to have followed the rules since then and studied management in a serious manner. Even Butler Wang said that I have changed a lot."