80

☆ 80. Chapter 80

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 80

The scorching sun seemed like a huge furnace, scorching the earth and sky. Even on the deep blue sea water, you can feel a vague evaporation of water vapor, which is absorbed from the ocean drop by drop and turns into clouds in the sky, forming a cycle.

Today's weather is so hot that even Jing Xia feels a little uncomfortable. Fortunately, he has water powers. Based on his skillful control of powers, he can wrap himself with an arc-shaped water film, creating a break from the hot air outside. This makes the anxious temperature less torturous.

The task for their group today was easy, so they only assigned three people to search for the breach in the dam in Area 67. The gap in this dike was pushed out by an S-class mutant with its giant horn during the Second Beast Tide War. In the middle of the more than 30-meter-high dike, four or five cracks with a radius of five to six meters appeared.

This kind of gap is difficult to fill, but usually there won't be any big accidents, so it has been left idle without management. Tasks are assigned every day for the evolvers to search at all times to ensure that there are no small mutant beasts bouncing around. If you are extremely powerful or have the ability to fly, you can leap over from it.

"Then I will take you all up there one by one, starting with Jingxia." The tall and strong man said with a naive smile.

Jing Xia nodded when he heard this, and when he put his body on the man's body, he bounced up to one of the larger gaps. When he was sure that Jingxia had stood firm at the break, the man jumped down to pick up another evolver responsible for the task.

There are fine pebbles all around the fracture, and the gap is almost round in shape, and it looks uneven if you look closely.

Jingxia reached out and gently touched the concave and fractured rock formations.

When the dam was first built, extremely hard granite was used, but now after it breaks, the tentacles are very painful. The broken stones are so sharp that small white spots appear on Jingxia's palms.

The dam in District 67 is close to the estuary of the Yangtze River. Standing at a height of about 15 meters, you can see a vast blue ocean in the distance. The hot and bright light shone on it, glowing with sparkling golden waves. This rare and peaceful beauty made Jing Xia squint her eyes, and her mood became much more relaxed.

In such a post-apocalyptic world, especially in the extremely dangerous base of S City, he had not experienced such magnificent beauty for a long time.

Jing Xia couldn't help but think of the beautiful and gorgeous ocean of wheat waves that he and Ji Chuancheng had seen together when driving to the S city base. It is not as vast and boundless, but it is still as beautiful and dazzling as gold.

The Adam's apple trembled slightly, Jing Xia slowly raised the corners of her lips, revealing a pleasant smile. He looked far away, looking at the distant horizon, scanning the place where the water and the sky met, and said with a low smile: "No wonder Achuan asked me to go on this mission. This kind of scenery is indeed rare..."

His voice suddenly stopped . Stop.

Jing Xia stared at a black undulating shadow on the horizon with wide eyes. After evolving, his eyesight became extremely good. Although not as terrifying as some visual evolvers, he was still able to see flying insects 200 meters away.

But now, he watched with his own eyes a huge black shadow creeping from about 10 kilometers away. Surrounding it are countless white water splashes, large and small, which are so powerful and majestic that it is impossible to ignore them!