9

☆ 9. Chapter 9

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 9

Because they had to carry a lot of food and water, they did not bring a tent. They just took the sleeping bags from the car and slept on the ground. The conditions were indeed rough, but Qin Chu did not expect that the person least able to adapt to such conditions was not Jingxia.

According to Qin Chu's words, "You little bastard, you don't mind being dirty? There are stones on the ground resting on your body, and there are bugs crawling around outside the sleeping bag. Are you really not afraid?" It was

completely beyond Qin Chu's expectation. Yes, Jingxia calmly showed a perfect smile, and then slept in front of Qin Chu for a whole night. He slept without making even a sound, leaving Qin Chu speechless and speechless. : "Even the little bastard is not so squeamish anymore. It seems that this mutation is somewhat effective."

After listening to Qin Chu's words, Jing Xia could only carry her bags and smile helplessly.

If this had been the case in the past, he might still have disliked this and that as Qin Chu said. However, after the First Beast Tide War, when humans lost their base camp in City B and could only concentrate in other large gathering places, what he encountered was an even more difficult environment than now.

No sleeping bag, just sleeping on the muddy ground. Without food, they could only dig tree bark to satisfy their hunger. Fortunately, his superpower is water, so his team never had any water shortage problems at that time, and could occasionally use water to replace some food. This situation lasted until they reached the S city base, and then it improved.

This was already the fifth day since Jingxia and his party abandoned their car and walked. In the past, there was only one person on duty every night, but this time Ji Chuancheng suggested that the two of them should go together. Probably because the mutant vines grew a little faster during the day today, Ji Chuanmao was a little worried.

The faint fire was shivering due to the cold wind in the mountain stream. Jingxia sat aside with his chin propped up. Seeing that the fire seemed to be smaller, he took another wooden stick and threw it in. Zrazila's voice was particularly clear in the quiet mountain, and the flames instantly swallowed up the stick, burning brightly again.

Jing Xia looked at the orange-red flames quietly and shouted softly: "Sister Qin."

Qin Chu was looking down at some "weeds". After hearing Jing Xia's voice, she raised her head and whispered: " Well, what's wrong?"

"Grandpa Wang...it's not as simple as a cold."

Qin Chu's body stiffened suddenly. She put aside the long-bearded herb in her left hand and turned to look at Jing Xia.

The night had long been dark, and the bright moonlight was obscured by a layer of light clouds, making it hazy and unclear. The firelight reflected Qin Chu's beautiful face in half light and half darkness.

Qin Chu curled his lips slightly and asked with a smile: "It's not as simple as a cold... what could it be?"

Jing Xia still didn't look away from the flames, but his back had straightened unknowingly. His expression looked very calm, but the small wooden stick in his hand was about to be broken by the force. "Sister Qin, do you have a way to save Grandpa Wang? He has watched me grow up, and he is my only relative in this world."

Hearing this, Qin Chu was startled.

She could understand that he directly ignored the illegitimate son of the Jing family, but she didn't expect that Jing Xia would completely ignore his own father. This reminded her of something she heard someone say before. It was said that the mistress of the Jing family was angry to death by the head of the Jing family. If this is the case, then it is understandable that Jingxia treats Jing's father like this.