Ch. 62 - Lucian

Damien POV

Nate needed me and now that Elena was probably in the dungeons I was literally all he had to help his mate.

I gently knocked on Nate's door before slowly opening it. I pushed the door open then covered my eyes. "It's just me. Are you clothed? I don't want to be scarred for life."

Nate's hand slap me upside the head. "Get in here, idiot."

"Hey that hurt. I even brought you guys food and this is the thanks I get."

Nate snatched the food and laid it on his dresser. My playful smile fell as Nate resumed pacing next to his bed instead of tearing into the food. He always did this when he was lost in thought or stressed.

"Brother, you need to eat. She will wake soon. Elena got her all hooked up and she is already looking much better." It was true too. Most of the color was coming back to her face and her smaller wounds were healed.

"I know. I just need her to wake. Fuck! I never needed to hear someone's voice as badly as I need to hear hers right now."

"Wow! I see the mate bond is doing a number on you!"

"You have no fucking idea. I heard people talk about fated mates, but I don't remembered it being like this. Maybe I wasn't really listening." Nate chuckled.

"Or maybe you were too consumed with Elena you thought you already knew." I teased him.

"I was that obvious, huh? Where is El anyways? I would feel better if she could just check her vitals again. I know she'll wake. She has to wake. I won't walk this life without her." Nate kneeled by his bed gently moving her hair behind her ear.

I felt my heart break at his words. I couldn't lose my brother. I didn't think it would be possible for anything to be stronger then the brother bond we shared, but I was quickly understanding the most powerful bond was the mate one. "She will wake brother and we will mercilessly kill every fucker that ever dares touch her."

Nate lips curled in a tight smile knowing my loyalty would never waver from him or his mate. Even if he left his home and pack I would protect his family above all else.

"Nobody will touch her again because I don't think I can ever leave her side again." He said and I knew what his was thinking. He would go where she wanted him too.

Hope's head fell to the side and a little moan left her lips. Nate jumped up to hover over her. "Hope! Baby, are you awake!" He whispered, desperately pleading to hear her voice.

"Mmmmm... Nate." Escaped her lips, barely audible.

"Fuck baby. You have no idea how sweet your horribly raspy voice sounds. I need to see your beautiful eyes. Can you open them for me?" He gently kissed her exposed neck, nuzzling into her as his body climbed over hers to rest against her.

Hope let out a small giggle, trying with all her might to open her eyes. They felt like cement and the small amount of light seeping though was burning.

"I'm ok baby. Mmmm. My body aches so bad though." Hope's voice crackled as she hadn't spoken in so long.

"Here, try sipping some water." I said. Hope's eyes snapped open in fear. Her body jolted back, slamming into Nate's hard chest then she whined in pain.

"Shit, sorry." I said backing up some.

"Shh, sweetheart. You're ok. I promise no one will ever touch you again." My brother held her in his arms for reassurance.

"Nate, who is this man? And where am I? What the fuck is happening?" Hope spun her head to look her mate in his eyes. The second she saw him her body relaxed though. She caressed his arms that tighten around her waist and let her body melt into him.