Ch. 104 - Once Fated

Elena POV

My eyes stung as the bright sun burned my eye lids. I huffed at Helena setting a tray of tea and danishes on my bedside.

"Come on princess, it's time to get up and face a new day!" Helena said, walking in my closet for clothes.

"Argh! Today is going to be the worst, best day ever. I just want to skip to tonight and get to the best part." I stretched my body then slid to my food, taking greedy bites.

"What does the princess have on her schedule today? I was only aware of breakfast with your family." Helena asked, holding a green and beige dress out.

I nodded in approval and got up to dress. "Breakfast then volunteering at the hospital with the most vile creature on this earth then dinner with my horrible family, but at night I'll have my handsome beast."

Helena took a gulp, swallowing her disapproval of my relationship with Ryker. She knew there was nothing she could say to keep me from him.

"Well, I'll be sure to pick out a nice dress for dinner then."

"Thank you!" I gave her a hug that she wasn't going to complain or go into a rant to stay away from my Alpha.

Breakfast was as amusing as watching paint dry, enraging me even further. Everyday seemed more pointless than the last. Change was so close I could taste it. I just wanted to start living my life and leave this fruitless existence my parents created for me.

I looked between my parents wondering how I ever sought out their love. So many years I wasted trying to prove to them I deserved to be their daughter. I knew now I was nothing but a pawn to them. A pawn they wished was dead already.

Tyler extended his arm, gesturing for my hand. So
many times we sat in this room together and he always came to my rescue from the cruelty of my life. I used to look forward to his touch or how he would try to make me smile. I gave him a look of disappointment that he was no longer someone I trusted or would ever call a friend again.

He saw the hurt in my eyes and tried not to let it affect him. He took me for granted and now he lost me forever. I saw how he missed me, longing to be by my side.

"Come princess. We have rounds at the hospital to attend to." He said emotionlessly.

The King nodded for me to follow and I reluctantly stood taking his hand. It felt vile to touch his skin or lean on him for support. Davina was clawing at my insides to just kill them all right here and now. I wasn't sure if I could, but Davina gave me the confidence I could take their lives with ease. I wasn't sure if I could be a ruthless killer like she wanted me to be though.

"Mind your manners to your future King, Elena. Your blood may hold more power, but Tyler will be King one day soon." My father warned me, sending a chill down my spine. He can't possibly think I would ever marry this boy!

I nodded sweetly, letting Tyler led me out of the castle. The second our feet hit the grass my hand crushed his fingers then threw his hand to the side.

"My father may want you as the future King, but I will never allow it. I would rather let him whip me until I die ending this foolish bloodline once and for all."

Tyler took a hard gulp as fear course through his body.

"I know. I don't plan on being King, Elena, but I was telling you the truth before. I'll be whatever you need me to be. Use me to your advantage, treat me like garbage, kick my ass, whatever it is to prove to you I'm not your enemy. I don't want to think what your father will do but we both know one way or another he will get his grandson from you. We need to work together against him, like we have all these years."

I huffed picking up my pace. "I'm not an idiot Tyler. You can drop the whole nice guy act. I won't fall for it again. I just have to remember you fucking that poor servant girl on my birthday and the hate is as strong as that day I had for you. As far as my father forcing anyone on me he will find it harder than he thinks to get me to submit."

"Right! Sorry." He was persistent to get on my good side, but that just wasn't possible anymore.

We walked to the hospital in silence. I kept my pace ahead of his, trying to ignore his entire existences. Once we were through the doors Carmelita greeted us, sending my jealousy through the roof.

I couldn't claim Ryker, but my wolf didn't care. Davina wanted to remove her pretty little eyes for ever setting them on what belonged to us.

We spent hours in the clinic helping wounded or sick wolves. Carmelita constantly praised the natural talent I showed, slowly breaking my resolve. This was my passion, to be a doctor by helping others with medicine and herbs. Carmelita was the top doctor in all the packs that was offering me a wealth of knowledge. It was hard to remain angry at her.

Tyler was a perfect gentleman the whole time too. He assisted in anything I needed and never overstepped. As much as I hated them both they were also my pack members. Werewolves that looked to me as their future Queen. I couldn't let our personal conflicts sway how I ruled. It was hard trying to separate the two though.

I wasn't going to trust them, but I needed to treat them as equal members. Carmelita and Tyler noticed me easing up on my anger and it made them both breath a little easier. My distaste for them was becoming suffocating with how strong my emotions poured out around me.

"My Queen what a surprise to see you here." A gentle voice hit my ear and I knew it was the stranger I danced with. The man that I knew I had a severed bond with and also admitted to wanting to kill me.

"Well, I so happened to love medicine almost as much as I love my people." I gave him a full smile.

"Spoken like true royalty. I wonder if it's real or just for show though." He teased

"It is real." I gave him a cross look, but then softened my eyes. "My father sent me here for show, but I'm supposed to be reading stories to the children and spewing one comment after the other of hope to our people to gain their confidence. In reality I'm a total science nerd and wish I could be a doctor."

I shouldn't be confiding in him. I couldn't help but feel like I was among family with him though.

"Really, that is surprising princess. Can you help with this?" He lifted his pant leg to a nasty wound oozing wolfsbane out.

"How on earth did you do that?"

"I heard there was a powerful witch close to town and tried to demand an audience. He doesn't like anyone demanding anything from him and hates werewolves even more."

"Well you're lucky it was just a small cut. If this blade penetrated any deeper you would be dead waiting so long for treatment. This has fester for atleast two days."

"Yeah he wasn't in our town and the poison knocked me out a bit. I'll live though... right?"

I giggled grabbing two shots filling a needle. "Yeah, you will live. Now hold still." I injected both serums into him and he winced at the sting it gave him. He sighed in relief feeling the medicine working it's way in his system.

I grabbed some pads and alcohol to clean the wound. "This will sting some, but the quicker we get the wolfsbane out, the quicker you will heal."

"I can take it." He said confidently and I didn't doubt it.

"So why were you seeking out this witch?" I was too curious not to ask. Serenity was a witch too and so far she has seemed to vanish.

"He possibly knows why my brother was killed and how I can get revenge."

"Your brother? I'm so sorry... I don't know your name."

He cocked his head at me unsure how to take this whole interaction let alone my compassion. I wasn't like my parents and he was quickly realizing that.

"Richard Prior. My brother was Jonathan Prior. Does the name ring a bell to you at all."

I scrunched my eyes together searching my memory. It did seem familiar, but I couldn't recall. "I don't think so. Should the name mean something to me?" I already knew it would just as I knew there was once a bond to this man.

"Well, Jonathan was your fated mate so I would hope so."

I froze at his words. I had to of heard him wrong.

Princess of WolvesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara