Ch. 42 - To Be Fated or Not

Elena POV

"You little hoe. I knew it. You are fucking that beast of a man aren't you?" Serenity yelled still within earshot of Ryker.

"What? No! I barely even touched him." My cheeks were growing a deeper blush every second that passed.

"You're lying. I saw that kiss. It was like I could see your souls merging together."

"You're wrong S. I was lost in my magic with anger and he just replaced one emotion for another. Trust me, it meant nothing. Besides, even if I wanted Ryker my father would never allow it."

"Why, because of Tyler? Fuck that little Alpha dick. Ryker's a better choice in every way."

"Stop! This is pointless. We will know the truth tomorrow, so let's not dwell on it." I walked away before Serenity could say another word.

I had a few hours left of my last day as a kid. Tomorrow I would not only be consider an adult, but I could find my fated mate, which meant so many changes to the life I currently have.

I don't know if I was ready for this next step. Marriage, mate, Queen, then mother. Goddess, I'm going to vomit from the pressure.

My mate would be the next King and I knew he would want to mate, which meant I could easily lose my virginity before the night was over. The thought of Tyler being my mate now terrified me. I didn't want him by my side, and I definitely didn't want him sticking any part of him into me. I shook my head annoyed at that thought.

I would honor our goddess! I needed to remind myself that I needed to trust in her.

If Tyler is my mate we will take him graciously moon goddess. I know once the bond is sealed with our marks I will love him unconditionally. I hung my head in shame. I was not raised to question the goddess? so I would not question my mate, even if it is Tyler. The thought still scared me though.

———

"Wake up my Queen! The last day of your virginity has begun!" Serenity shouted slamming a pillow continuously down on me.

"Serenity! I swear you will be the death of me." Helena snapped at her.

"Sorry! But it's her birthday. We have so much to celebrate."

"Well, no talk of virginity or losing it. Besides, Elena is waiting for her wedding day, isn't that right princess?" Helena shot me a stern look waiting for me to confirm.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. "Wow! Is this really how my birthday is starting?"

Helena kept on staring at me waiting for my answer. "Yes Helena, I am waiting. I promise, no funny business until I know for sure who I chose to be King."

"And are we sure it's Tyler?" Serenity asked, raising a brow at me.

"Well, we will find out soon enough. Oh goddess, what do I do if he isn't my mate? My father will lose it and blame me. I know it. I can't marry him if he isn't my mate." I began panicking at the thought.

Tyler seems to be more lovely dovey than usual, but that was only because our parents were forcing us to be in public as much as possible.

The townspeople were in a frenzy at how kind hearted their future Queen was during the battle. Our parents wanted to push Tyler in the limelight to take away some of the attention on me, as the King was the true ruler in their eyes.

"Calm down El. Everything will be fine. Don't worry about it until you find out. Your father will understand if the moon goddess didn't chose Tyler. Even a King can't go against a goddess." Serenity rubbed my back trying to relax my tense body.

Helena sat on my other side, grabbing my hand in hers for reassurance. "You will be ok princess."

"Personally, my money is on the sexy Alpha. I tell you, I dreamt about that kiss." Serenity fell back on my pillow sighing.

"What Alpha? What Kiss?" Helena looked at us frantic.

"Nothing. No one. S is being stupid, that's all." I climbed out of bed to brush my teeth and to get away from Serenity's big mouth. I didn't want Helena to know about anything to do with Ryker. She would think I was a cheating whore of a wolf.

"Yeah sure, nothing." S sighed.

"Tell me, Serenity. What Alpha?" Helena turned angry that made both of us confused. She never got angry like that with us before.

"It's nothing Helena. I lost control yesterday and Alpha Ryker helped me, that's all. Serenity is making a bigger deal out of it then it is."

"Lost control how?"

"Yeah El. Lost control how?"

"I was.... panicking. My mind was... running in circles thinking about today. I was going to hurt myself if I didn't calm down and Ryker helped me, that's all." I can't express how much I didn't want S to spill about our kiss. If she only knew what else happened between us.

"Yeah, his strong arms and rough hands coaxed her into submission and she loved every second of it. Think what you want El, but he is your fated mate and I know it." Serenity walked to the closet to get me some clothes and Meredith let out a long breath.

"I'm not arguing about this anymore. We will see shortly and then you will apologize to me." I went back to brushing my teeth, letting the building anxiety settle.

'Do we want Ryker to be our mate? It would make sense why I'm so drawn to him.' I asked Davina.

'Well, we don't want Tyler, that's for sure'

'Davina we will accept Tyler if he is our mate. He has been with us since we could walk and has been our boyfriend the last three years. I know he can be a lot sometimes, but he protected us from our father more times than I can count.'

'We might share this body and soul, but we clearly don't share the same mind. He wants nothing more then the title we can give him. He doesn't deserve to touch us.'

I left the bathroom slamming the door, then snatched the sundress from Serenity. I was too worked up from all the stress.

Tonight at 6 pm I would be revealed to my pack and then I would search for my mate. I would find out in 12 excruciating long hours who was my future.