Ch. 130 - Our New Lives

Serenity POV

"I can't believe you came here, Nicholas. It was foolish and you could have been killed." I huffed in aggravation at my mate.

"Well, it was worth it because if I didn't we wouldn't be together. I know you had every intention of leaving me." He pouted.

"I did not!"

He gave me a look telling me he knew that was a big fat lie.

"Ok, fine, maybe I was thinking about it, but it hurt like hell." I punched him in the shoulder before getting out of the car.

"Awe! What was that for, beast?" He whined, standing next to me by the front door to our house.

"That was for making me like you so much. Now what are we going to do about him?" I pointed to the door where my father was close by waiting for us.

"No clue. Let's just wing it, I guess." He said, grabbing my hand and leaning closer.

"Wing it? You have gone rogue little witch boy."

"I'm not that much younger then you S and I didn't go Rogue. I was born a witch and always will be. Your moon goddess and Hecate linked us together for a reason. My path is with you and I want it to be with you." He gave me that sexy boyish smile of his.

"Goddess, I hate that smile."

"Why? Does it make you incapable of being mad at me?" He leaned his body against mine, caging me in his arms.

"Maybe! It's annoying either way." I smirked, biting my lower lip. He might be a virgin and inexperienced, but he certainly wasn't shy slowly becoming more and more confident with me.

"Good!" He teased, fanning his hot breath across my lips before taking them on his. I couldn't help but moan out the second we kissed. I was becoming way to needy for his touch.

I spun him around, pinning him to the door and he chuckle. "I see we will have some power issues in this relationship." Nicholas' grip tightened around my waist, rubbing his core to mine. "Fuck, that feels good."

I giggled. "Oh just wait lover boy, it gets so much better."

We smiled at each other, knowing both our minds went to the gutter. Before our lips could collide again the door opened, dropping us both to the ground.

"Enough with the flirting. Don't forget she is my daughter and I can skin you alive, boy!" Ramsey spoke with pure rage as lightening bolts shot through his eyes.

Nicholas quickly, but gently, moved me off him, scrambling to his feet then helped me up. "Yes, sir! We weren't doing anything, just messing around. It was nothing..." He stop speaking, feeling both my father and I growing in power around him.

"It was nothing?" My eyes were black, letting my wolf peer out at him. Nick's eyes widened in fear then softened. He always tensed up at first then let his silly smile take over his face again.

"Are you like two different minds? You have a name right? I mean I should know my mate's wolf name and if she actually hates me? Do you hate me?" He looked like an inquisitive five year old, tilting his head while examining me.

"What?" I huffed returning my eyes normal. "You are such a strange boy!"

"Are you two done?" Ramsey nearly growled at us and he didn't have a wolf.

His whole life everyone showed him respect and as an adult no one dared anger him because of his power, yet here with me and my mate all we did was disregard his orders and presence.

"Wait? You don't seem to be surprised about us." Nick turned his questioning look to my dad. Ramsey rolled his eyes then pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Do you have any idea how powerful I am Nicholas?"

"Yes, of course. It has been my dream since I was boy to apprentice under you. Honestly, I didn't think I would get the chance and I'm grateful I did."

"You are still a boy. I can tell when two people are mates, just like Serenity knew the second she saw you."

"You knew this whole time, Dad?" My wolf eyes came back.

"Yes! I always felt a connection to Nicholas' family. Then when I met him at his parents funeral I knew I needed to protect him. I wasn't sure if it was because he was your mate until you guys actually met so this was the perfect opportunity." He smiled at us, obviously proud of himself.

"You're not drunk or hungover?" Nick questioned. This was definitely a first with him. My dad was still uptight but he wasn't being a total dick.

"Nope. No more time for that nonsense we have to head out. The council wants Serenity's head for failing and they will have to go through me to get it. Come on, help me trash this place and then we need to get on the road." Ramsey picked up a chair smashing it through the window.

"I'm so confused." Nicholas let out a long breath.

"Me too, but let's break shit and talk about in the get away car." I smiled, kissing his lips quickly. Then I picked up the sofa and smashed it into pieces against the fire place.

"And they say I'm the child." Nicholas flicked his wrist, ripping the curtains with a faint smile. He knew it felt kind of good to destroy stuff.

Ramsey already had the car packed with our stuff so once we were done we headed out. He explained to us the drunk witch was partly an act. He did lose himself when he lost his wife but saved his child, only to have to hand me over to wolves. He eventually found a new sense of hope years back.

He had also met Elena's mate and brother many times. He helped them locate and decipher many text and was the one that introduced them to Rosemary and Ester. Although he regretted it since Rosemary was kidnapped and enslaved by the King they all learned much from the sisters. Not only about themselves, but how life was never carved in stone. Always possibilities but never certainty.

You had to find the people you could love and trust then hold on to them. The rest was just noise around us.

When Ramsey lost his wife he also vowed to protect me, knowing I would one day need him. He distance himself from the council becoming a grumpy drunk while making his preparations, praying everyday the possibilities he would be in my life again would come true.

Rosemary told him that in every future that I wasn't trained as a witch properly I would die, either by trying to save the Queen or my mate. At first the idea of a mate enraged him, but he realized I stopped being a child a long time ago.

Everyday of my childhood I was alone fighting to survive and to protect my best friend. He wanted me to have the love and companionship he found with his wife. Even though he only had her a short time, those years together he wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Plus, having your mate made you stronger, something I was going to need if the Fae were really coming.