Ch. 47 - No Options

Ryker POV

I laid on the grass forcing down the pain from being thrown out a three story window. My head was spinning at everything that had happened from the day I stepped foot on this land. It was like I entered an alternate universe.

I didn't even feel like myself anymore. I was reckless, erratic, and emotional every time she crossed my mind. Which was just about every waking moment and even sometimes in my dreams. If she hadn't thrown me out the window I swear my wolf would had marked her too. He surged forward demanding her obedience to him.

My body was a mess for that little wolf and after that display of power I was feigning for her. I needed Elena as mine. My wolf scampered around my soul, anxious to take her. It wasn't a possibility though. I either kill her or she becomes Queen. I'm a Shadow wolf and I swore an oath to our moon goddess that I would never rule over our people. My power was too raw and righteous to have that responsibility. My duty to our kind was to protect them.

I lifted my body as glass crunched below me. Taking a few deep breaths I picked myself up and walked back into the hospital. I didn't know if I should be pissed how Elena just savagely attacked me, or fucking in love with the goddess that could overpower me.

No one ever got the better of me, yet she had me helplessly pinned to the floor. I grunted in need at that image of her straddling my lap as she lick my chest.

I walked back towards the doctor's office shifting my thoughts to Hope, I needed to find my sister. I let Elena consume my thoughts too much and Hope needed me to be focused on her.

I slammed Carmelita's door open, then slammed it shut with black eyes and canines out. She would spill everything or I would spill her blood.

"Last chance omega. What the fuck experiments are you doing on wolves or you die right now?"

Carmelita was frozen in fear. She didn't know why the princess burst into her office or why I rushed her out. She realized that whatever happened sent my wolf into a pure rage though. Her body shivered as I slowly stalked towards her. I was done with the games and she knew it.

"I'm sorry Alpha. I swear I won't lie again. I do want to tell you everything, but I'm afraid. That's why I didn't give you all the files. I swear my loyalty to you and if it brings my death, then so be it. I was serious when I said I want to please you because I do want you as my mate. I pray to the moon goddess I'm already with your child." She spoke with her head bowed in submission, but her words rattled everything inside me.

"My child?" I questioned.

"Yes! Yesterday when you filled me with your seed I pray it will be what I know would be the perfect union. Alpha, I can be everything you need, I know it. I would take you mark, be loyal to only you, and I would know my place to have no claim over you. I would never ask to mark you."

I was annoyed at this woman's ridiculous rambling. She could never be what I needed, but I couldn't have that either. "I'm not here for a mate. I'm here for answers. I want to know about the experiments or I'll remove your head from your shoulders."

Carmelita took a hard gulp at my words. "Ok, I'll tell you what I know and I'll find out anything else you need. I swear Ryker, you can trust me." She slid her hand up my chest, then behind my neck to caress her fingers in my hair.

I softened at the motherly touch and calmed myself. If she was this desperate it could be to my benefit. I had no other leads to my sister and if they were torturing our kind, then an insider would be the best way to find out where and why. "Prove your loyalty and then we see if you could ever satisfy an Alpha." The words were sour in my mouth as I spoke.

Carmelita lit up at my words and her smile made me want to roll my eyes at her neediness. I walked passed her and took a seat. She collected herself and walked around her desk to sit. She would give me anything I needed just for chance to stand by my side. I needed to use this to my advantage despite the churning in my gut.

"Ok, I don't know a lot and since I'm only an omega I don't ask a lot of questions, but I'll tell you what I do know, then try to find out more. Deal!"

"Start telling me or I'll lose my patiences again." I warned her.

"The King has a powerful witch as a prisoner. She can either see the future or knows some magic to sense things. She says that she can speak to the Fae and they guide her for their coming into their rightful place. It is believed that the Fae had the power to create and had even created Vampires long ago. Their power is ultimate and unlimited, but banished outside our world.

This witch prophesied Elena's son to be the true king of all and the bringer of the Fae. I don't know much more than that about the witch.

The Fae on the other hand, they left many relics with somewhat of instructions behind. Most of these artifacts speak of their first creations, an abomination of a species that sought only to dominate.

Within their experiments they also found a way to merge essences. The witch can sense powerful wolves and we extract their blood and canine venom for a spell that can bind their dna and power in another wolf. There are only a few special wolves today so the King has been creative with his experiments."

"What the fuck?" I shouted, not understanding what the hell is going on anymore. I spent years fighting werewolves and now I was up against witches and the fucking Fae.

My breath was becoming ragged and I needed to flee. I jolted out of my seat, knocking my chair over and headed out the door, storming down a passageway. I didn't know where I was going, but I was slammed by an invisible brick wall when I saw Elena and Dexter talking.

If he told her about me she could turn and kill me. She could kill my whole family, and now her children would bring forth the Fae. I didn't see any other option than her death. She was too powerful for this world and her children would be raised by the King to be an evil we never knew could exist.

I headed out the doors, running to the bathroom and spilled my guts in the toilet. My head was spinning and my inside turning. I heard people approaching and disappeared into the shadows. As the darkness engulfed me I felt a calming over my body. I either save her somehow or I would have no choice but to kill her, and my time was running out.