Chapter 16: Nothing Goes as Planned

Ryker POV

Two hours after I left my mom and Chris the bells rang of intruders, waking most the kingdom from a deep sleep. Everyone except me as I laid in my bed wide eyed in anticipation.

I slowly stood up, then went to the sink to wash my face. I took a moment looking at the man staring back at me. Inside I felt like that scared boy crying himself to sleep at night, begging for his father to return. There was no boy staring back at me though. I was now a man, an Alpha, given immense power to right the wrongs of our kind.

My fingers gripped the white sink basin nearly cracking the side while taking deep breaths. I needed to gather my strength to find my sister. Today she was coming home.

As I walked down the hallway people were scurrying left and right. I thought it was odd the Kingdom had no protocols for an attack, but at the same time I was expecting that since the King acted as if they were untouchable.

I entered the throne room, noticing an opening in the wall that guards were ushering members of the Royal family and high ranked members through. It seemed the trio line was being barricaded in a passageway leaving the omegas and servants to fend for themselves.

It was appalling the level of cowardice this showed, but it was also for the best with my plan. The Rogues were here to cause a distraction and nothing more. If all the Alphas went out to fight then it would be an all at war with bloodshed beyond what my conscious could handle.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Damien and Nate discussing strategy, which worried me. These two idiots better not try to attack the Rogues. I could sense their power so they would definitely kill a few, but being Alpha blood and part of the Trio it might entice the Rogues to gang up on them.

These boys didn't know that the Rogues were actually a pack. They would think they could take them out one by one never considering them to rally together. I cursed at myself for even caring as my feet involuntarily moved in their direction.

"Hey boys, why are you out here and not in there? Please tell me you are not planning on fighting." I asked eyeing both Damien and Nate.

"We will do what we are asked of by our King and nothing else." Damien responded then waved his hand to dismiss me, but I didn't move.

"We are waiting for Tyler and Elena. Then we will go with our family. You should go down there. I'm sure the King will want to speak to you." Nate responded. He wasn't happy with my actions at the lake, but he knew now that I was not someone to anger.

"Yes Ryker, you should flee and leave my friends be. If we need your assistance we will find you" Tyler said, purposely leaving out my Alpha title. He was such an arrogant little wolf. My concern was elsewhere though.

"Where's Elena?" I asked looking around.

"The princess is not your concern. Leave us, now!" Tyler ordered which rattled my wolf. If only they knew the true power I held.

"Stop being an ass we are under attack Tyler. Where is Elena?" Nate jumped in between us before our own little battle broke out.

"Serenity got her from her room and they are almost here. Don't worry, there are no intruders close to the castle. We will all be fine." Tyler scoffed at Nate's concern for his girlfriend.

Chris had mind-linked me that the first bomb was going off in 5 minutes and to get into place.

"You need to get to safety, all of you. Tell the King my men are about an hour out, but I already informed them of the attack and they should be here sooner. We will come get you when it is over." I ordered then turned on my heels before they could reply.