Ch. 118 - Faith

Ryker POV

Richard and Elena held each other a few moments, but growls from my chest began vibrating through the air, making them both laugh. Elena got back up to sit next to me again. "I'm not in danger and I chose you." She whispered, planting a kiss on my lips.

Richard smiled at us. "Your fated mate was chosen for you at birth for the person you were mostly likely to become. Most people stay close on course so even if they take some twist and turns they are close to who they were thought to be.

Your life took unfortunate turns, unforeseeable twist, and you suffered greatly at the hands of your father. You are not a sweet naive girl or even as kind hearted as the El that loved my brother. I can see the distrust and harden heart this version of you has become because of the life you led so far.

I can also see how you love this control freak of a beast. You two were not fated at birth, but you made your own path, and as your souls were pulled and twisted you became the perfect fit to each other."

Elena looked to me with confusion written all her face, piecing together Richard's words. "My chosen mate, my soul mate."

I leaned my forehead to hers. "My soul mate."

We took a moment, losing ourselves in each other's eyes, then Elena turned to Richard clearing her throat. She was constantly pulling away from me, but then losing herself to me. I felt the divide between us and I didn't know why it was there.

"What are these experiments?" She asked.

"Luna Marissa is creating hybrids. Mixing science and medicine to create new creatures. The Fae left somewhat of blue prints of how they created Vampires. Creatures that are part Fae and part human. It also held key pieces of werewolves, witches, and human creation. It was part of some ancient text I recovered for the King.

I was foolish and never thought anyone would try to be gods, but that's is exactly what they are doing. I wish I could say what you needed to do to beat your father, but I don't have that answer. All I can tell you, is that he needs the venom a Shadow and mix it with the blood of a Seer. I'm sure there is more to it. It's complicated text in the language of the Fae so it is not easy to decipher. I do know that if they find out the right combination, then you will lose."

"They had Hope for over a month." I raked my hands through my hair, remembering she said her gums were sore a few days after the last time she woke from losing time.

"And they tried taking Dexter. I think they know." Elena squeezed my hand tighter.

"Then it might already be too late. I can also tell you that I saw your death once. You challenged your father with this man sitting next to you. I didn't know him before, but I remembered him the second I saw him at my door. He tried to protect you, but your father killed him, you went after your father in a rage and he killed you too. He has many tricks and enhancements up his sleeves. He experimented on himself and is not a regular wolf anymore. Be careful Elena."

She nodded to him, holding me a little tighter. There was a possibility that we both died and we knew that door was still open.

We stayed a little longer, eating his mother cookies and she pack a few for us to take home. Elena saw how she could of once fitted into this life. They were good hearted and a loving family. Something she longed for since she was a child. Her path was still laced with much heartache to come that she wouldn't see this type of future anytime soon. I wanted to give her it though, but if I acted to rash we could both die.

When we arrived back to Elena's bedroom she went immediately to her closet to grab leggings and t-shirt. I sat on her bed feeling the distance between us. I felt guilty that Elena would never have that life she was born to have.