Ch. 101 - Unbalanced

Ryker POV

Elena spent most of the day getting to know my pack members. I guess more accurately they were her pack now too. Everyone seemed to swoon over her presence, like she was a celebrity and she didn't exactly know how to handle it. Nate and Damien constantly looked over her while I gave disapproving grunts at their protectiveness. She didn't need them protecting her.

I would wrap my arm around her or lay my hand to her back, but I never announced that we were together or kissed her in front of anyone. It would seem Nate and Damien were more her lover with the way they hugged her, kissed her cheek, or teased her with tickles or little punches.

I could feel her uneasiness around me and I didn't like it. She didn't know how to act or what was appropriate. In her territory we couldn't ever be this close in front of others. It was uncharted territory for the both of us.

Maddox and Alex fell in love with the gorgeous Queen the second they laid eyes on her. They were now thirteen with raging hormones not understanding she was just a bit too old for them. They assisted her with anything she needed and fought over who would refill her drink every time she took just a sip.

She giggled at their obvious attraction to her. Maddox was about an inch taller and Alex eyes were blue with a hint of hazel but other than that they were identical. Both of my twin brothers were the spitting image of myself, but with baby faces.

I stood behind my brothers grabbing at the back of their shirt. "Move!" I demanded as each twin sat beside my Queen hanging on her every word.

"No way. The princess is mine." Alex challenged me.

"Yeah right, like she would go for your short ass when she could have me." Maddox added.

"Yeah like that whole inch makes a difference."

"My height isn't the only thing bigger and we all know chicks think bigger is better." Maddox wagged his eyebrows and Elena giggled with wide eyes at that comment.

I smacked them both upside the head with black eyes and growled.  "Go, now!" I ordered. The boys had no choice but to follow my command and scurried away.

Elena chuckled at all us. "I'll see you later boys!" She gave them a little wave and a wink.

"Don't encourage them. They are vile little shits." My arm swung behind her chair and I leaned my head to hers. I wanted to kiss her, take her to my bed, and just spend my life building a future with this woman.

"They are sweet and just teenage boys. They remind me how Nate, Damien, and Tyler used to be. Well, Damien is still much like that come to think of it."

My chest grumbled that she knew three unmated males so well. "Hmm, then I guess Damien needs to learn too." My voice was filled with anger, but my lips tugged at the corners as I leaned even closer.

"Yeah? What exactly is that he needs to learn?" Elena gave me a look that she was not amused with my threat or growls over her friends. I was still upset she linked to them, but there was too much that had happened to really discuss it.

My fingers slowly traced over her skin as my head came even closer. "That you are my Queen." My lips swept over hers, teasing a kiss, but moved to her neck.

I loved the way her lips felt on mine, but with every passing second my wolf was becoming more and more fixated on the nap of her neck. I needed to mark her before he killed every unmated male, maybe even a few mated that look over her body.

I knew I had a possessive wolf, but with Elena it was a whole new level. He wanted to lock her in our bedroom for only us to see and feel. I knew it was wrong and I would never want to hid her from the world. There were just so many dangers around her and my wolf didn't accept that I wouldn't protect her at any cost, even if it meant hurting her to save her.