Ch. 66 - Devotion

Damien POV

I needed to get to Elena, praying I wasn't already too late. I hoped Ryker showed up despite his weird denial about caring about her after breakfast. I stopped at the hospital to grab some medicine unsure what I needed, then headed to the castle.

I stopped to see Dex for a few minutes, but he told me to hurry to our Queen. I didn't like the goddess speaking through him. I knew she was our creator, our goddess, but I didn't agree with her ways.

I snuck through the passage ways leading to Elena's closet. I quietly closed the trap door listening for any sound, but heard none. I peered out the door and saw Ryker sitting on her bed with his elbows resting on his knees. He was full of nerves and I knew she hadn't returned yet.

"Wow! Now this is a sight. The big bad Alpha at the mercy of a frail little princess."

"Shut up Damien or you will be the one needing help." Ryker let his aura pour out and I was instantly frozen in place. Stupid Alpha with his annoying powers. Maybe I do need to shut my mouth every so often though.

"Come on man. I was just fucking with you." I whined as I struggled to fight his compulsion. After ten minutes I gave up and just stood there. This was ridiculous. I was a powerful Alpha too, but not as powerful as this man.

Ryker was probably the most powerful wolf I ever met. I didn't even know this level of power existed. He was like the god of wolves, yet for some reason I no longer feared him. Probably not wise on my part.

We both stiffened, sensing a presences approach the door. The knob slowly turned and both of us growled, sending fear straight through Helena's body.

"My word! What are you two doing? You nearly gave me a heart attack." Helena came in to check on the princess before bed since Serenity was no longer there to tend to her. She expected Elena to be fast asleep. Seeing Ryker and myself nervously waiting for her sent worry to her core.

"The princess was served French toast this morning." I said with so much sadness.

"Serenity and Tyler usually help her after her father apparently punishes her. We here to make sure she is ok." Ryker added, sensing Helena's confusion.

"Helena is all too familiar with Elena's punishments. She knows her better than most." I let out a sigh, falling back on her bed to relieve my sore muscles from Ryker's compulsion to stand still for so long.

Helena froze watching the both of us. She seemed confused. Something was weird about her.

Then we heard the door knob jiggle and Helena jumped. Her nerves were a tangled mess. She let out a sigh of relief sensing it was Elena, but we could all smell blood and something fowl.

The door slowly pulled open. Elena snuck in quietly, closing the door and resting her back against it. She winced from the pain as her back hit the door and cursed at herself.

She opened her eyes and screamed as we all stood in her bedroom, intently watching her. Ryker's head tilted to the side, unsure if she was injured or not. She look a bit ruffled, but no visible wounds.

Elena burst out laughing cursing "ow" every time her back hit the door. I stood with a sympathetic smile as I approached her. "Hey funny girl. I see those pills are still messing with your head." I spoke softly as my hand gently caressed her check.

"What pills?" Ryker growled at us.

"I may have slip her some wolfspain this morning so she wouldn't have to bare so much."

"I love the way I feel. It was hard to hold back my amusement while being punished." She giggled resting her head into my chest. My fingers lightly caressed her hair, hating I had to just sit back while she was tortured.