Ch. 119 - Our Time

Elena POV

"Today is the day my Queen. Oh for fuck's sake." Helena slammed the door, startling us both awake.

"Helena!" I giggled at her abrupt comment, realizing I laid naked next to Ryker.

"Can I please kill her Elena." His voice was angry, but it quickly soften when I laid my body next to his.

"No, lover." I said, giving him a small kiss.

"We have a busy day Princess unless you no longer wish to be Queen." Helena spoke with all attitude. She had been extra moody lately. I knew she didn't approve of Ryker, but I really didn't understand why.

"Of course I plan to be Queen, but I also plan to have my lover in my bed." I kissed his perfect lips.

Ryker's fingers grazed over my back making me swoon at his touch. "One day we will be mates and I won't be just your lover."

"One day soon I hope." My voice turned sad and Ryker knew why. As much as we wanted this future we both knew it was far from soon. I still couldn't believe he would betray me or how. We fought a lot, but we always came together in the end.

"Patience love. We will be together." He reassured me with a kiss on the nose.

"Well that is if I don't kill you tonight." I teased.

"Oh, you can try, love, but I got a few tricks too." He teased back. Our lips found each other as we giggled but I pulled away.

"We shouldn't be joking about this. Love is definitely strange. Now get out of my bed and leave me to prepare for my big day."

"It will work out Elena. Everything will work out, I promise." He grabbed my chin, stealing another kiss.

"Do you promise it will work out for Hope too?"

"I love my sister and I won't believe she betrayed our goddess until proven otherwise. So, yes, I believe it will work out for her too. The Alter will connect her soul and mine to the divinity of our creator. It would force her confession and make her speak her true punishment that is deserved."

"You're slightly delusional, lover." I said teasingly, but also a little scared. I had no idea what the goddess would deem as a worthy punishment.

"Maybe. We shall see at the Alter tonight."

"Ooo that sounds romantic. I'll be dressed in white." I winked at him then shoved him away.

"One day that will be true. Love you." Ryker dipped into the Shadows to hide his bare body from Helena.

"Love you too." I whispered, following his body moving out the door. I couldn't see him, but I knew exactly where he was.

I whirled my air magic smacking his tight ass and he growled at me before completely disappearing.

"You're going to break that poor boys heart, Elena. You know you can't be together or have any real future." Helena held a green dress out for me to wear to breakfast.

"We can if we believe we can. I can't imagine a life without him."

"Love and marriage takes more than blind faith."

"Elijah seems to think that is all we need. I want to feel that way to, but I fear tonight will divide us. I can't let Hope die, I won't."

"It is matters for their pack to handle. You shouldn't intervene child."

"Maybe, but I will regardless." I took my dress and headed to the bathroom. I wasn't in the mood for Helena's disapproving glare this morning. Too much was at stake today.