Ch. 102 - A Plan for Our Future

Ryker POV

Hope saw me slash a man's chest open, making him and the others close by kneel before me. She knew I was second from killing them. I was becoming more and more violent, especially when it came to Elena. I never allowed disobedience, but I also never gave anyone reason for my people to second guess me.

Hope came running out the door and stood next to me. "Please calm down Alpha. Elena poses a problem and she is a threat." My eyes dug deep into hers with a deathly threat. "But we trust you brother. It will be difficult, but I know if you two are meant to be. You will find a way and not damn your people. Please trust us and have understanding." She pleaded

I took some deep breaths then walked off. I needed to get space between my wolf and everyone that pissed him off.

'I won't explain my relationship with Elena. She is mine and no one will speak against it.' I told all of the Shadows as I headed to Dexter's grave. I needed to be alone and gather my thoughts.

Being the Alpha of the Shadows required a lot of balance that I was not handling too well lately. I barely had a moment to myself and not marking Elena was driving me insane.

I ran my fingers through my hair, roughly pacing the ground in front of the new slab added with Dex's ashes. I felt like my skin was itching for a release from the anxiety that ran in my blood. It was like spiders scurrying through my veins at the constant in-balance. I never felt so disconnected from my people or so at odds with my wolf.

"If you were here we would be at the hospital playing some checkers. No doubt you would be cheating and somehow win." I smiled a little, still refusing to admit the little boy got the best of me. "Did you know Damien adopted you this morning? He's a little Alpha that can't stay in this world, but I won't forget how he showed you kindness. How he fought for you to have a better life then some experiment of the Kings. Atleast he will have you with him when the time comes."

My fingers traced over the little boy's name as I tried clearing my head. My wolf demanded we move forward as soon as possible to claim our Luna. He was impatient and it was fucking annoying.

I made my decision. We will work together to remove the last two Alphas, then I would kill Tyler, Nate, and Damien. Tyler would be tortured, but Nate and Damien will go quick out of respect for Elena. Once it was done Elena will denounce the throne all together. She will allow the wolves to elect a new Alpha and then she can finally become my rightful Luna.

I wouldn't be able to tell Elena of this plan, but once her father and Alpha Owen were dead, then I would find proof that the boys were not on her side. It will make it easier for her to let them go. Plus, I could make their deaths part of the final battle taking the blame off myself. I can make this work in a way that didn't break her heart and I still got her by my side in the end. My wolf wasn't happy that there were so many steps to this plan but he reluctantly agreed.

"Hey stranger!" Hope watched me trace my fingers over the boys grave a thousand time trying to find balance.

Every Shadow could feel the pain and uneasiness with their Alpha. Right now I was like a beacon of emotions that they were all in tuned to. I made my pack nervous, especially now that I seemed to be submitting to the enemy.

"I'm not in the..." I took a deep breath. I had to let the anger go. I made a plan and that was how it would be. I would wait in the shadows for now, then take everything I wanted. "Hey!" I echoed back to her.

Hope wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned her head to the back of my shoulder. "I missed you big brother."

I took a long deep breath at the realization that she was truly here. I couldn't lose any more than I already have. "Goddess you have no idea how much I missed you." My hand squeezed her arm around me.