Chapter 9 - The Plan

Ryker POV

I was getting the layout of the grounds when I felt something odd close to the gardens. I honestly didn't expect to find anything interesting out here but I wanted to know every inch of their pack grounds. As I came to the back of the flower beds lined with 10ft hedges I felt it; magic.

There had to be a lot of magic being used for me to sense it but I didn't understand how that was possible. As I rounded the corner I felt an uneasiness to turn and run. I knew it was an enchantment to make any prying eyes want to flee.

I used my wolf eyes to zoom in on the open field. At first I saw nothing but a few blades of grass out of place. As I zoomed in more I saw the wrinkles in the air. It was like a hot summer's day or the air above a fire. There were subtle waves of nothingness all across the field. I knew there was a mirage spell at work.

I quickly mind-linked my mom and brother.

'Hey, I'll send a transfer spell later, but there is a large protection spell in the back of the garden. I'm not sure if something or someone is out here. I might have just found our witch'

'That wasn't there before. I checked the gardens and there was no traces of magic. Has to be someone. Maybe a meeting?' Mom answered.

'I'll see if I can get some spying glass next time I see Ester. I wouldn't hang around to long though Ryker. You don't know what other magics are at play or who is watching. Pretend like you see nothing suspicious and leave.' Chris added.

I cut the link and walked back through the garden.

I spent the rest of the morning getting a full layout of the inside. I found a quite nook in the library to fill in more of the blue print my mother started. I was smiling at how easy this all was. I knew I needed to be careful, but I just couldn't see any hidden reason that they gave me such free range of their territory besides their own arrogance.

As I heard voices coming near I decided to hid in the shadows to see if any new mysteries could be discovered from listening in. When I noticed it was the princess and her Alpha I rolled my eyes and continued my drawing.

What I ended up witnessing had my wolf stirring and not in a good way. Well, it felt good, but it would lead to bad things. I came out of the shadows with a grin on my face.

I wasn't sure if I should intervene when Tyler was getting too aggressive but my mouth hit the floor watching how that little wolf handled herself. My own wolf gleamed with pride for her and I liked how it felt. There was no way a wolfless girl could do that let alone to an Alpha, even a pathetic one like Tyler.

Maybe there was more to this little wolf than I thought.

I was grinning ear to ear as I walked into breakfast. Then I saw Elena apologizing to Tyler. I thought I saw a glimmer of hope in her, but that disappeared watching her make excuses for him while begging for his forgiveness.

———

'Mom, Chris. I finished the blue prints. Let me know when you're ready and I'll send over images.'

'Ready,' Chris replied in our mind-link.

'I'm ready. I found a passage way from the stock room to the 3rd floor bed chambers as well. I'll send them once we receive yours.' Mom replied.

I was now hidden in a passageway I found in the library that led to the gardens and began my incantations. My kind was more connected than any other creature on earth so I didn't need any resources to cast most spells. I just needed to feel my way from my mind to my mom's and brother's for the images to appear to them.