Chapter 18: Bait

Elena POV

I emerged from the curtain and leaped down off the stage to halfway across the room where Serenity was shielding a child. I twisted the one Rogue's neck then tore the other's arm off. Serenity jumped to my side whispering in shock, "Elena! your eyes, they are..."

I blinked a few times realizing my mistake. No one knew about Davina, not even Serenity. I gave Serenity a confused look and decided to cause a distraction by throwing a fireball at one of the Rogues.

"Holy shit girl! That was amazing. I knew you could throw fireballs." Serenity was jumping up and down while both prisoners and Rogues were trying to flee. A man grabbed the young girl Serenity was trying to save and he held a knife to her throat. Serenity lounged at the man, but he side stepped her. "Tis tis, not so fast, or I'll end her life." He warned us.

Another man came up behind Serenity and then another behind me, holding a knife to our necks. I could feel the sting against my skin, knowing instantly that is was laced in wolfsbane. That was how they were overpowering everyone so fast. One slice anywhere on a wolf's body would paralyze us and enough in our system would kill us. The Rogue pressed the blade against Serenity's throat and Davina rushed forwarded watching blood slowly trickle down her neck. I would not let he die.

Before I let Davina take full control a strong Alpha's command rang out. "Enough! Let her go Jeremiah!" Ryker appeared from behind the curtain, wiping sheetrock from his shirt. He was no longer the playful or lustful Alpha, but now turned back into his savage beast. His voice sent a wave of fear through everyone around us.

I gave him a questioning look. Did he just say this Rogue's name? How could he know that? My head felt like it was in a cloud from the wolfsbane, maybe I misunderstood.

"You think I will listen to an Alpha that betrays his people for our enemy. Derek was right from the start. This was all just a ploy so you could be King. I'll end that right now as I take this little wolf's life." He pressed the dagger into my neck more, making more blood drip down my chest. My head was fuzzy and stomach turning acidic as the poison seeped deeper in my blood stream.

Suddenly Serenity jumped out of her attackers arms and ripped the arm off the Rogue that cut me. I was in shock and unable to move as I felt the wolfsbane coursing through my body. Serenity was badass though.

I saw from the corner of my eye a man raising his hand with a long jagged knife, and I completely lost control. As the knife enter through Serenity's back she let out a curling scream sending Davina into a rampage within me. The effects of the wolfsbane seem to wash out of my system as magic whirled within me. I let the passion I felt for my best friend's life consume me, and it sent waves of fire from my body.

Every Rogue that stood in the gym was cut in half with what looked like sharp blades of searing hot fire. I ran to my friend, weeping as I watched the poison run through her veins. I needed to get her to the hospital for treatment or Serenity would die.

"What the fuck princess?" Ryker said looking around in disbelief at the bodies scattered in pieces around him. He scrunched his nose at the smell of crispy flesh and burning blood. "I don't think even I can do that." he whispered in disbelief.  His eyes met mine and the rage subsided in him as he watch me cry over my dying friend's body.

"Elena you have to be careful. That magic you just did it's... it's unheard of. You can't just lose control like that."

"I kept my magic a secret my whole life, but I would tell the world if it meant saving her. I can't do this without her. Please Ryker." I could see it in his eyes that he was desperate to give into me. Then his body tensed looking towards the double doors.