Ch. 58 - Healing

Elena POV

I burst through Nate's bedroom door with a bag around my shoulder and fear coursing through my veins. I didn't know who was hurt, but I knew it was someone close to Nate.

Nate shot up from his bed growling at the intruder, then quickly retracted his fangs noticing it was just me. He was on edge about something. "Thank the goddess you're here. Please help. I need her. Please."

Nate engulfed me into a tight embrace and tears flooded out his eyes. He was holding back for so long but seeing me standing there with supplies and worry in my eyes, he just let the gates come crashing down.

I rubbed his back, shushing him quietly as he lost control. My eyes never left the woman who slept so still in his bed. "Nate, it's ok. Whatever it is we will fix it. Okay! Just tell me what you need. No questions asked, I promise." I remembered his text.

Nate pulled back giving me a loving look. He wiped his tears and cleared his throat. "Sorry. I've been going crazy, unable to barely breathe. I couldn't leave her alone and I wouldn't dare let anyone see her. If they knew, they might try to take her again and then I will kill everyone." As Nate spoke his rage was building and he spoke his last few words from his wolf.

"Shh, it's ok. Just tell me what happened or how I can help. It will be fine."

Nate walked me to his bed. "This is Hope. She was taken from my prison yesterday by someone from Tyler's pack. I found her early this morning with wolfsbane marks all over her body. I tried cleaning her the best I could, but she isn't healing or waking up. I can't bring her to any hospital. I don't know what doctors we can trust."

"That is all fucked up. Everything just... fucked." What the hell are these doctors doing to our pack members?

I moved the blanket off Hope's body and tears welled in my eyes seeing the marks on her legs. I lifted her shirt but Nate growled pulling it back down. He is just a tad possessive.

"The wounds don't look to be deep. There are a lot of them, but I think she just needs the poison flushed from her system and she will heal."

I took out the blood bags and IV kit looking around his room for something I could hang them from. I walked over to a large whiteboard that hung on his wall and removed it then took the hooks out of the wall. I then pushed them into the wall beside his headboard and hung the bags.

Next, I ripped opened the IV kit and got Hope all hooked up. I gave her the black and green shots to help heal and coat her insides as the blood helped clean the wolfsbane out. Nate just watched me in aw, thankful I was here. "You really should be a doctor. You're totally in the zone with all this shit."

"If I ever get a normal life then I'll chose my future in medicine. Until then, I'll have to wait for my friends to text me in the middle of night to save some strange girl so I can play doctor for a few hours." It was supposed to be a joke but I couldn't feel the comedy in my words.

When I fantasized about being a human that was exactly what I was. A doctor with a simple life, with a gorgeous loving husband, and a bunch of kids. Of course after meeting Ryker that husband began looking strikingly like him.

"Thank you, Elena!" Nate spoke with so much gratitude and love in his words I nearly burst in tears. He had to be a true friend. If he ever lied or betrayed me I don't think I would survive it.

"You're my best friend. I love you Nate and would do anything for you."

My phone buzzed, breaking the moment we were sharing. I pulled out my phone and cursed. I quickly type back and shoved my phone back in my pocket.