Ch. 48 - Fate

Elena POV

I collected myself after throwing Ryker out of the window. I knew I acted irrational, but I was barely in control of my emotions anymore. Only a few hours left until my fate would be sealed.

I went to the bathroom and splash cold water over my face. Staring into my eyes I told myself that I had been a fool and I needed to get my head on straight.

I was no longer a child. Tonight, I would be with my mate and a month later married and crowned Queen. These jealous fits and little girl crushes needed to end.

Tyler was my mate and the only man that every truly loved me. Through everything my family put me through he never abandoned me. He was always by my side to help me survive my father's intolerable punishments.

Tyler may want the title of King, but I also knew he wanted me for who I was and not only what I can give him. That was more than anyone else ever showed me.

I walked down the hall needing to speak to the boy, praying the moon goddess would give me some desperately needed assistance. Dexter freckled face lit up at my presence running towards me for a hug. I scooped him in my arms and carried him back to his bed.

"Careful little boy. You are not quite healed yet."

"I'm fine, my Queen. I'm only still here because I have no where to go."

"That's not true Dexter."

"I can literally see the future. Trust me, it is true."

I sighed feeling bad this little firecracker was burden with such a fate. He never had a chance at a normal childhood. "Sorry Dex, I forgot."

"No, you didn't. It's actually the reason you are here."

"That's not true. I came to check on my favorite little man." I giggled ruffling his hair

"It's ok my Queen. I know your heart is pure, but I also know you need the goddess's advice."

"Really and why is that?"

"Because she told me."

"She told you what?"

"That you would be coming and that you needed advice." The boy spoke very matter factly. I giggled at his little attitude that he was unaware how strange he was.

"Ok, well, then what is her advice?"

"I don't want to tell you."

"Dexter, why?"

"Let's play a game."

"After. Spill."

"It's not good. I don't want to make you upset."

"I promise my heart on the moon goddess I would never be upset with you." I crossed my finger over my heart.

"Fine, but I did warn you." The boy paused a second, staring at his bed. "The goddess is not like us. She can't speak as we do so I have to try and translate her meanings, but what I saw was unmistakable."

"Go on Dex. I promised, remember. I can take whatever it is."

"You are caught in a crossroad. The goddess fears no matter how you choose, you will have to sacrifice. I've seen yourself murdered in one vision, then in another you lived, but your child killed, then in another you go mad from watching everyone you love murdered, and I've also seen you alone, truly wolfless. It not very clear how or why any or all may happen, just the possibilities."

My mouth dropped opened as I was rendered speechless from the boy's words. He spoke so nonchalantly about the death of everyone around us.

"Dexter... how does... who did... when?" I took a deep breath unable to form a coherent thought.