Chapter 13: Too Far

Ryker POV

I ran full speed toward the lake, losing a little bit of my sanity along the way. As I approached I saw Elena and her friends had already been caught by Derek's unit. I wanted to rush and tear off his arms for grabbing her. I couldn't risk getting caught. I mind-linked Chris we had trouble and to meet me at the lake.

Once I saw Derek's hand slid down her belly and his fingers teasing at her bathing suit bottom I threw out all reasoning. I needed to stop him from taking advantage of her whether I ended up exposes myself or not. I was a ruthless killer, but this was not something I could let happen.

I mind-linked Derek that I was coming down and for him to play along. Derek went on about how the kids attacked him not knowing I saw the whole thing. They ambushed the kids in the water and then he tried taking the princess for himself.

'You had strict orders not to harm anyone. This was a recon mission and nothing more.' I mind-linked to just the filthy Rogues that stood before me.

'Ryker we were just having a little fun. I swear we were not going to harm them' Derek tried pleading to me, but I'm sure he knew I wasn't buying it.

'Your tongue was only playing with the princess then, and your hands, were they just going to slip under her bathing suit to show her how you could make her laugh a bit.' I spoke with a playful tone, but inside I was losing control, remembering how this man had forced his hands all over her body.

'Something like that, but I wasn't going to kill them. They killed one of my own and look, we didn't harm any of them. The princess will be dead soon anyways. We were just teaching them all a lesson.' The Rogue smirked at me, waiting for my next orders.

I stepped closer to Derek, extending my hand to Elena. She took it carefully, watching me curiously, then I moved her slowly behind me. I would had ripped the Rogue's throat out the second he came into view, but I wasn't going to chance Elena getting hurt.

My lips went to her ear, "Close your eyes princess."

Elena looked at me bewilder. She could feel my protection for her and she relaxed into my embrace. She also knew the untamed beast in my eyes was fighting to be released. Her face was washed with confusion, but she shut her eyes as I ordered. A smirk crept on my face. "Good girl," I hummed, pleased with her obedience to my wolf.

I rapidly spun to the Rogue, extending my claws and removing half his throat in one swift motion. Blood splatter all over my face and shirt as well as Elena's stomach. As the warm liquid sprayed her body she snapped her eyes open in horror.

I'm sure I looked like a demon now covered in red, while the Rogue laid dead at her feet with his throat brutally ripped open. The shock was written all over her face.

Behind the other Rogues eight men seemed to appear from thin air. Everyone was startled at their arrival unsure who side they were on. I knew exactly who they were before anyone else even saw them.

"Well Ryker, it appears someone has lost their temper. Not very Alpha like, is it, brother?" Chris spoke with a chuckle.

I gave him a pointed look to show I was not in the mood for jokes. My attention went back to the remaining Rogues. "Kneel" I demanded and against their will every Rogue bent their knees to the ground.

"What are you going to do Ryker?" Elena asked nervously. Chris gave the princess a confused look as she spoke my name. I should be Alpha to her.

When I responded to her, not correcting my title, Chris' eyes widened and fuck I was getting really irritated.

"Not for you to worry about." I turned towards Tyler, slowly walking closer to him. "Get her home and make sure she doesn't leave her room. This time when I tell you to do something make sure you do it."