Ch. 50 - You Will See

Ryker POV

I peeled my eyes away from Elena and Tyler before I started killing every wolf in this place from her words. I was trying to save her, but she was too far gone. Too weak to stand on her own, needing a weak Alpha to make her feel relevant.

Everyone carried on the next few hours with pleasantries. They all swooned over Elena and Tyler, already congratulating their union even though she had not chosen him yet. A few men dare to ask for a dance, which I knew Tyler wanted to refuse, but she reminded him that she was here to find her fated mate.

In a few hours if her fated didn't show then she would chose him. Every time she reassured Tyler of that, I felt a blood vessel pop in my head. She was a stupid girl walking into her own death.

Chris was at the bar, whispering in a tall blonde's ear as her hand rubbed dangerously close to his core with Damien laughing by his side. Normally I would question how close they seemed, but I had enough to worry about.

"Double," I ordered from the bartender and turned my back to lean up against the bar. "I hate these ceremonies." I grumbled.

Chris lifted his brow at me sensing my anger. He knew what was really fueling it. I growled at my brother to show I was not in the mood, and Chris rolled his eyes at me. For once, he just dropped it though.

The second the shot glass hit the bar I snatched it up and threw it back. "Another!" I ordered

"What has you so twisted, Alpha?" Carmelita's voice sent pleasure down my body. I needed a distraction and I already knew she would be more than willing to give me one.

I eyed her up and down, but my face remained emotionless, letting my anger change to lust. Her long sleek body was barely covered in a short black dress that displayed her cleavage quite beautifully.

The blond women between Chris and Damien ordered more shots with salt and lemons sensing the need to break up the tension. Carmelita's eyes widened and lips curled in a smile giving the girl a nod yes.

The blond gave everyone a shot then lick her hand and poured salt on it. Then she grabbed Chris' hand, lick the back of it and poured salt on it too. Carmelita mirrored her actions to me. Both women threw the shot back then ran their tongues up the length of our hand, never breaking eye contact. I could feel myself hardening and I wanted more. I needed to get that stupid girl out of my head for once and for all.

The blond grabbed a lemon wedge and handed Damien a shot. He threw it back while she bit the lemon then his tongue lapped up her hand. He gently grabbed her hair, bringing her lips to his, soaking up all the lemon juices on her tongue. His eyes went to Chris, smirking as he kissed the beautiful woman, challenging him for her attention.

They broke their kiss and Chris handed her another shot. He threw his back and bit into a lemon. She threw hers back and his lips were on hers the second the glass left her mouth. There was nothing these two wouldn't fight over.

I chuckled at the three of them. "Is there nothing you two won't try and one up each other with." Then Carmelita moved her hands on my chest and I wrapped an arm around her.

Chris moved the woman towards Damien. "He can have her. I was just having some fun."

The girl scuffed at him, but Damien whispered in her ear and she melted. I laughed again, feeling like just a guy at the bar with his friends and a beautiful woman on his arm.

My mind would try to go to Elena, but I wouldn't let it. I kept my sights fixated on the people in front of me. I had to let her go. She needed to make her own choices because it was her life that didn't belong intertwined with mine.