Ch. 63 - The Boy Has To Die

Meredith POV

I was in a frenzy all morning trying to piece together what was happening. After leaving Elena's bedroom earlier I knew I had to intervene with my son or all would be lost. Hope has been missing too long and Chris was barely around any of our packs anymore. I was losing my children.

I saw Ryker and Chris storm out of the dining hall and I decided to follow them. I was appalled listening to Ryker so upset about the princess' safety. How could he kill her if he got this worked up at the thought of her being hurt. The goddess's would not forgive him or our kind.

I waited for Chris to finish speaking with Damien then cornered him back into the library.

"Uh, I'm not sure what your deal is servant but you can't just drag wolves alone into dark corners." Chris acted amused that a little old woman was trying to manhandle him.

"Shut up Christopher. I'm not in mood for your mouth or tantrums. Get in the hole. We need to talk." I ordered losing my patience with this whole world.

"Excuse me!"

"It's me, your mother for fuck's sake. Get in the wall now." I ordered.

"Shit mom. You've been creeping around the castle this whole time as a servant." He paused a moment then snickered at me. "You're good!"

"We need to get Ryker back on track. I swear I'll kill the girl myself if I have too, and all those bratty boys. I can't believe he let it get this bad." I was fuming remembering Ryker cuddling with Elena last night and this morning.

"Whoa, calm down there, champ. What are you going on about?"

"Your brother, our glorious fucking Alpha, is messing everything up. He is too wrapped around that girl and we need to put a stop to it before it's too late." I looked with determination at Chris. "If it's not already too late." My eyes saddened at the thought I already lost my son.

"What happened? What did he do? I never seen you so upset or atleast not this upset with Ryker before."

"I found him in Elena's bedroom last night and guess where he was this morning? Sound asleep in her bed."

"That fucking beast. He actually took advantage of the princess." Chris chuckled. "Well good for him. He deserves a good fuck and she has a body that is..."

I slapped my son upside the head. "Enough! I don't want to hear about my son's sex life, besides I don't think anything happened. Which makes this so much worse."

"Mom, I know you want to think your golden boy is a saint, but trust me, he didn't spend the night with a woman and not fuck her."

"Trust me, he didn't. They didn't have each other's scent and the bed wasn't dirty. I changed her sheets and they were the same from the night before. He just slept all night with her. Both times they were together he was holding her like he already owned her too. I fear he is already in love with her."

"Holy shit! Do you think they are mates."

"No, Elena already confirmed to me he wasn't. I don't know what's going on between them. She will get him killed. I won't lose another son. Plus, the little boy told Elena about our plans to kill them."

"What? The princess knows why we are here and you're going on about Ryker cuddling with her. All of you have your priorities fucked up."

"Don't piss me off Christopher. I will spank you whether your a grown man or not."

"Okay, relax. I'm sorry, this is just too much right now. If she knows then why hasn't anyone come after us?"

"I don't know. It seems like she has a truce with Ryker somehow. She told me not worry about it because he would never hurt her."