Ch. 131 - Down to Two

Damien POV

Elena and I stayed in her room hiding from everyone. We had so much drama in these few short months that we were both on edge.

"Oh, Elena dear. Why is Alpha Damien here?" Helena walked in rubbing her head confused.

Elena looked to her sensing something was off. "Are you ok?" She asked.

"Fine my child. Just seem to have misplaced some time. I guess I'm getting old, no worries though. Would you like me to bring you some dinner?" Helena smiled and her eyes held that soft motherly innocence that we hadn't seen in so long.

"What do you mean, misplaced time?" My tone let my Alpha aura slip through. I knew something was off and I didn't like it. Not just for Helena sake, but that she was so close to my Queen.

"I don't know exactly. I woke in the pantry earlier and feel like weeks have passed. In truth, I don't remember being here in the castle that much the last month or so. Like I zoned out or something."

"Or something." I growled. My eyes went blank for a few moments mind linking someone I'm sure was responsible.

'Christopher, did you have Elena's maid as one of your spy's? I suggest you don't lie as your already a dead man walking.'

'Yes. My mother took over Helena's body. I'm sorry Damien, for everything I'm....'

Before Chris could finish I slammed the link shut. Ever since I rejected him I kept that one link closed tight. Alpha Blake ordered the high council to break our bonds with Alpha Ryker and his Beta, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Despite everything that happened I knew that Nate was mated to their sister and if Elena was ever in dire danger Ryker would move mountains to save her. With our limited allies and overwhelming enemies we had, it wasn't wise to be picky right now.

"Their mother was possessing her body!" I growled out. My eyes were now black with a hint of gold. I felt the cold shadows creeping over my skin and it disgusted me. I wasn't a Shadow wolf or part of their fucked up cult.

"Meredith! Oh my god, she seen us naked in bed together. That is so embarrassing." Elena buried her face in her hands.

"She what?" Helena screamed. "Get out you filthy no good Alpha. How dare you bed our future Queen." Helena swatted at me to move off the bed, but I just glared at her like her death would be any moment.

"Whoa! Calm down, Damien. Your eyes are flashing gold." Elena took my cheeks in her hands bringing Davina forward, but I didn't relax. My chest rumbled louder then my body began fading in and out. "Your Queen commands you to chill the fuck out. Now!" She ordered me.

My eyes instantly snapped back to hazel. "Fuck El. That was hot! I wish I was bedding our Queen." I gave her a quick pecked on the cheek that she wiped off.

"Helena, I didn't sleep with Damien and I'm not the future Queen. My crowing ceremony was this morning. I am your Queen."

"That's impossible. It's weeks away." Helena's eyes were tearing. She didn't understand what was happening to her.

"Helena I'm so sorry. You remember Alpha Ryker?" Elena's voice was soft and sweet. I took her hand to give her support.

"Yeah. He was brought into the high council." Helena was trying to remember when but her sense of time was all jumble.

"He was, but he was also a Shadow wolf. His mother possessed magic and must of took your mind and body. She is gone now. They all are. I promise, you are safe."

Helena eyes grew wide. "That impossible!"

"It's not. You should go home and be with your mate. I can change and get ready myself." Elena looked sadly to a woman she considered a mother. She was feeling guilty for not realizing she was possessed this whole time.