Ch. 73 - Find Hope

Chris POV

Damien waved the guards to let us through the gates and I sauntered in behind him. I was filled in anticipation needing to find my sister. I knew she was here. She had to be here.

Damien walked me through the office, medical ward, then out to the activity yard before heading to the cells. He wanted to show me how hospitable they are to their prisoners. No wonder they had issues making them comply.

I was perplexed how his pack's jail was like a rehabilitation community then the normal stingy dungeons like Red Moon's I searched. "Why are you treating the prisoners like fucking kindergartners at daycare? You do understand what a jail is supposed to be, right?"

Damien gloated that I thought the inmates treatment was too kind and it made no sense. "I'm aware Chris. Most these prisoners are from meaningless wars from our former Alpha, my father. They didn't do anything wrong but defend the people they love and rightfully so. Nate designed everything in this building to try and lessen the cruelty our Alpha showed them. Now that I'm Alpha, we can make more changes and hopefully release most of them."

I nodded in response, confused how to feel about it though. I didn't want to care about any of the trio bloodline, yet it was becoming harder every day to find reasons to hate them, let alone kill them.

Nate POV

Hope paced her cell nervously playing with her fingers. She scoffed at herself for feeling anxious. She was a warrior, the best fighter among the Shadows. She could take down any guard that tried challenging her but not when she was injected with wolfsbane or somehow knocked out unknowingly for days.

I was in the tower watching her from the cameras. I didn't like being so far from her, but I knew I could get to her in less than five minutes if anyone tried anything.

I saw Damien enter the gates with Chris and watched as he gave him the planned tour. We hoped Chris would see how fairly we treated our prisoners and he would be less upset with us when he found Hope. When they left the basketball courts Damien nodded with a thumbs up to the cameras and I let out a long breath that our plan seemed to be working so far.

Then on the far camera I saw Luna Marissa, Tyler, and 8 doctors enter the gates. "Fuck!" I growled with black eyes and the guards in the tower began trembling. I turned to them, pouring out pure Alpha aura mixed with my anger. "Every one of you will get Hope and bring her back here. She is to be unharmed or I will make your wives watch as I eat your fucking hearts."

The men jumped up and raced towards the cell. I stalked to my brother, knowing I would need the reinforcements against the 10 unexpected visitors. I needed Hope to be unharmed. If she died then every wolf would die too. There was no other option for me.

Damien's face dropped in fear seeing me approach with my eyes black and canines out.

"Nate?" He questioned

"Visitors. Lose the Beta and let's go, now!" I ordered.

Chris crinkled his eyebrows at the clear order I just commanded. "Since when did he become the Alpha of this pack?" He asked, trying to taunt Damien to react. We knew Chris wouldn't leave until he searched every cell.

Of course, Damien didn't bit though. "It would be better if he helped don't you think, brother." He insisted trying to convey our plan could still work.

"One step out of line and I gut him. Agreed, brother?" I spit out almost as a challenge. Damien knew I didn't mean any harm, not unless harm came to my mate. He was use to my homicidal protectiveness and didn't expect anything less when it came to my mate.

"You got it, Lucian. Let's kill some motherfuckers that dare challenge our orders." Damien wagged his eyebrows in excitement but I growled unamused. I didn't mind blood shed but I like my family safe from it. Damien rolled his eyes. "You're not nearly as much fun as you use to be."

For the first time in his life Chris had nothing to say. He had no idea what was happening or what twisted relationship we shared as brothers, but he would be sure no one killed his sister. It could be useful if things went sideways.

Damien sent an SOS text to Elena so she knew to be ready to come to the jails with backup if needed.