Ch. 106 - Who You Belong To

Chris POV

I stormed out of the house in a fit of rage. I threw my car into drive, speeding to the city. Everything was becoming to much to handle for me and I had no one to confide in anymore.

I always hated this life, but I had Ryker and Hope by my side. The three of us rebuilt our family and pack after it was torn to shreds. Now we were all at odds with each other.

Ryker was choosing the princess over everything we worked so hard for. Damien was my enemy that we needed to kill, but was also my mate. I killed an innocent little boy that did nothing wrong. No, The goddess used that boy's body and soul for her bidding. That is what ended his life.

I pulled into a bar and immediately began hammering down one drink after the other. Ryker didn't chose me and neither would my mate. Hearing that the Shadow was fading from Damien broke my heart, even though I knew it had to be this way.

"Does your kind ever stay where it belongs?" An old man took a seat next to me. I could smell the magic seeping out of him and I knew not only that he was a witch, but a powerful one.

"We do as we please, just like your filthy kind. I need something from you!" I demanded, making the man laugh.

"Why would I do anything for you?"

"Because I asked nicely and you don't want me to ask any other way." I flashed my golden eyes at him. "My name is Christopher Knight. One of the few Shadows in this world and their Beta."

"Ramsey. What do you need from me?" He asked, finishing his drink then demanding another.

"I need to remove a mark and kill the future Queen."

"A mark? I don't think that can be done, but the Queen is already dead in my eyes. Once the old line is gone she and the other heirs are as good as dead."

"Other heirs."

"Tyler, Nate, and Damien. The witches want them all removed. We want Shadows removed as well, but maybe we can come to a new agreement."

"Why would I help you harm my people?"

"Because if you weren't just as displeased with your Alpha, then you wouldn't be here. He has opened dangerous doors falling in love with that mutt."

I growled at his words, but pushed it down. This was a powerful witch and I was sure he was on the council because of it. Their members were chosen solely based on power.

"I don't agree with his choices, but don't confuse it with wanting his death. He is my Alpha and you will never understand the loyalty that lies there." I warned the witch. No species understood the natural hierarchy that ran through our blood.

"It is interesting that you even speak out against him let alone met a witch behind his back." Ramsey eyed me up and down, wondering what was actually at play here.

Werewolves are hard wired to obey their Alphas yet I appeared to be at odds with mine. Ramsey didn't know I was also pumped full of drugs and my Alpha was also my brother.

"It's not of your concern. I'm here to protect him. Will you help or not?"

"As I said, I can't remove a mark, but the Queen, yes I can help."

"Can you hide a mark then. I got herbs to lessen the effects but it's not enough. I need it to be untraceable."

"Why?"

"This person is in danger from my Alpha. If he finds him then he will die."

"Meet me tomorrow night at this address. I have what you need. Then we can discuss the heirs. You are close enough to kill them all and the witches will give you everything you need for it." Ramsey handed me a paper, then nodded and left.