Ch. 56 - Inside Out

Nate POV

I woke in the middle of the night on a pile of leaves in the woods. My body burned for my mate, fearing this is what it felt like when you lost one. I searched my brain for anything to help me find her, or at least who took her. Then I remembered Tyler's pack's dungeons, I hadn't searched there. I jump to my feet, shifting into my wolf, running at full speed to Tyler's territory.

I reached the prison and the guards waved me in. I was in charge of all the pack's prisons so it was not unusual for me to be here. I made it down to the cells and the guards tried assisting in whatever I needed, but I just needed her.

"Did any guards bring in a female prisoner anytime yesterday to now?" I asked the three guards stationed at the tower.

"Not that I know of, but doctors are constantly in and out of here so who knows. I started my shift about three hours ago."

"What do you mean doctors are constantly in and out of here?"

"Uh... just like I said. A bunch of prissy snobs come prancing in here in their bright white lab coats all the time."

"What are they doing here?"

"Got me. I'm just a guard. I make sure no one escapes or causes trouble. Whatever Luna Marissa is up to with the doctors, I don't ask."

I thought over why Tyler's mom would be with doctors taking prisoners. I was supposed to be in charge of all the prisons, yet they were doing something behind my back. Probably something I wouldn't support which is why they hid it.

"Is there a specific cell block they bring these prisoners too when they are returned?" I asked, praying it would give me a lead to Hope.

"Yeah, usually the medical ward. They are always pretty banged up. When they come to and heal, then they come back to general population."

I let out a roar of anger thinking my mate was being tortured. Maybe that is why I felt this burning uneasiness inside me. I grabbed the guard by the neck, wanting to tear him to pieces. "Take me there!" I demanded as my Alpha aura poured into the shivering guard about to pass out from fear.

I released him and he dropped to the ground. He tried composing himself to stand back up, but every inch of his body was trembling. "Of cour...se....Al...pha." He stuttered.

"Move!" I ordered, and the guard spun on his heels marching to the medical ward.

Once we were through the doors I turned into a vicious beast. At least 40 wolves were restrained to hospital beds. Every one of them were broken and bruised.

I could see wolfsbane cuts that laced their bodies and it made my stomach churn in disgust. They were experimenting on our own people. For what and to what end?

Two doctors came through the doors eyeing me up and down. They knew who I was, but never seen me in this part of the prison before. "Excuse me, Beta Nate, is there something we can assist you with?"

"Where is she?" I turned to the one woman doctor who instantly began trembling.

"Who?" Her voice came out tiny, almost inaudible.

The doors at the other end flew open and four more doctors wheeled in a new patient. Instantly I knew it was her. I watch them wheel my broken mate's body to line up with the rest of the abused wolves, laughing about something one of them said.

I let out a deafening howl then I let my beast take control of me. I would show them no mercy. I grabbed the woman by my side and sank my teeth in her neck, ripping half it out in my mouth. Simultaneously my claws tore into the back of the other doctor to my left and rip out part of his spine.